question left on my cardomain site?

rshissler

phillipallen 2/17/05, 3:34 pm: sweet ride I have the same... ...did your wire your cd player or have it professionally done. The profess ive talked to said that it would be expensive becuasee the stock amp would have to be rewired... could u write up some quick directions for wiring if u did it your self

I just ran new wiring for mine, but is this true??

there is no difference between wiring a stereo in a regal, than there is in any other older GM. The only difference is that you have to pull out the glove compartement and use the wiring that goes to the stock amp. The guy he talked to is either a dumbass, or is trying to get some extra cash out of him. I am not to sure about the color codes for the wires though.

That's the biggest crook i've ever heard,i just my MECP certifgate so i guess you could say im a professional installer now :D

Anyways i did the Headunit install on my 1990 regal and surprising it was pretty easy.you don't need to rake the glove box apart unless you want to :wink:.The only thing you have to take apart is that big black plastic peace out and then just unplug the harness from the factory amp and extend the wires from your new headunit to the metra wire harness and your done.

you don't have to run all new wirs to hook it up

if there's not to much snow outside tomorow i'll take a cuple pics to show you all.

my site should be updated real soon 8)

yea i know i didn;t have to run all new wires and stuff but i really didn;t feel like sortin out wires and it was kind of a rush job so i could just get it in and play some tunes. plus since i installed new speakers and such i thought i'd jsut go ahead and run some newer wire for better connects

Yeah that makes sence because,you did put all new speakers in and even stock speaker wire in 2005 cars doesn't cut it.

do you have any pics of your install???

also have you upgraded the big 3 under the hood to 4 gauge are 0/1 gauge.

i only have pics of my cd player and the 2 sony 6x9s when they are installed.

its really not tht hard to do. i just took the dash off and ran wires along the inside of the dash then down inside where the cd player was and the back speakers i just ran down along the floor then up and along the bottom of the dash then inside to the cd player. I got a install kit from a audio store i use to work for and installed in andhad to do alittle cuttin to get it to fit right. I'd get a install get from cratchfield cuz the one i got only came with the bottom peice for the cd player the one of crutchfield has that peice and a peice for the radio to fill it in.

What big 3 are u talkin about?? if u mean the power supply i ran all new wiring for that too.

wish i knew the guy i got it from had to change the dash out for a BY one cuz the fuel gauge didn't work and it still dont. and he didn't know how long he drove it like this or even if the orignal one is back in or not. The car is in rather good shape but the paint job on it sucks dick I know the guy that painted it and he has a habbit of not even sandin a car just paints over top the paint. The guy i got it from got it used from a dealership and just used it to drive to work for like a week then got a truck then only drove the car like once a month or less. good engine tho but of coarse fuckin thick headed me had to blow a bearin not thinkin.. :bash: