1. 1. which wheels would look best?

• stock
    • alessio vittoria
    • rss kama
    • volante spade
    • volante ace
    • asa ar1
    • other...add a post with your thoughts/suggestions

yeah, i only found the asa ar1 for sale at tirerack, search for them as if u were searching for a 2000 grand prix, they have them in 18s and 17s (18s are 219/wheel) here is the info for 18s with our bolt pattern width and centerbore:

http://www.tirerack.com/servlet/CallJsp?target=wheelSearchCloseUp&wheelIndex=2&sizeIndex=2&showRear=no&setIndex=0&filterSize=&filterFinish=&filterSpecial=

i guess us TGP guys would need a wheel spacer to make thise wheel fit right but thats no big deal.. 8)

yeah they are not very common wheels, do a google search like this: asa ar1 cardomain, and some will pop up...also the google image search with some looking should turn up some good hits, ive never found any black asa ar1s for photoshoping but ill try to manually change the color and post a pic for u!!

anyway here is the alessio vittoria:

708013_23_full.jpg

oh i just read ur edit, ah very good choice id love to see ur car with those wheels, might push me into making a decision on the silvers!!! :wink: peer pressure here.....do it!! cmon do it!! black would look badass!!

they do make them for w-bodys like a posted above...so make sure u look at the info i posted...also are u goin with 17's or 18's?? cuase the 17s only come in 17x7, thats why im lookin at 18s!! (they come in 8inch wide)

oh i just read ur edit' date=' ah very good choice id love to see ur car with those wheels, might push me into making a decision on the silvers!!! :wink: peer pressure here.....do it!! cmon do it!! black would look badass!!

they do make them for w-bodys like a posted above...so make sure u look at the info i posted...also are u goin with 17's or 18's?? cuase the 17s only come in 17x7, thats why im lookin at 18s!! (they come in 8inch wide)[/quote']

The Silver look badass as well. Might not need spacers for them, I wish I could find all the specs on them. I'm probably going to post pictures soon of my TGP with chrome 17'' mustang bullit replicas(going to put my brothers wheels off his stang on my car to see how they'd look..at least one side anyways), I believe they'll fit dead-up without spacers(same offset anyways..and made where it doesn't look like there will be any clearance issues).

http://www.tirerack.com/servlet/CallJsp?target=wheelSearchCloseUp&wheelIndex=2&sizeIndex=2&showRear=no&setIndex=0&filterSize=&filterFinish=&filterSpecial=

u wrote: might not need spacers for them, i wish i could find specs on them....

the specs are in the link (for 18x8s):

Finish: Silver w/Machined Lip

Size Selected: 18x8

Price: $219 each

Estimated Availability: In Stock

Recommended Tire Size: 245/45-18

Wheel Offset: +40mm

** Lightweight: 23.4 lbs. **

bolt pattern 5x115

with a +40mm offset compared to our +25mm we would need a small spacer (or so i have been told) to push out the wheel 15mm to make it fit just like stock so we don't get any rubbing...

Thanks, I actually didn't look at the the 2nd gen GP application info(the links won't work and give you some "sesion timed out" error or something...I edited one out of my previous post for that reason :oops: ). So what size spacer do we need with that? I'd rather not run spacers, but if I have to for some nice wheels, I probably will. 8)

EDIT: Do we have to make up for the 15mm w/ a spacer? If so, that's a tad over a 1/2''.......

well u might do some testing once u buy the wheels with some home fabed spacers just to check for tire rubbing, especialy on the fronts.... but 15mm would bring them back to oem specs...u probably could get away with less but ud have to do some checking of ur own, ive heard of 5/16s spacer being common for 1st gen w-bodys running newer wheels...so u could look into that, i pm'ed someone awhile ago about it and they said they didnt have any problems with a spacer and that there were no vibrations or anything...and as long as there is plenty of stud left i don't think 15mm would be too big of a deal...

but do it, buy them!! cmon man u gotta!!

btw what kinda milage do u have on ur car!! looks outstanding, especially with that agressive lowered look!! :wink:

but do it' date=' buy them!! cmon man u gotta!!

btw what kinda milage do u have on ur car!! looks outstanding, especially with that agressive lowered look!! :wink:[/quote']

It's right at 73K at the moment(only two or three other people besides my self have ridden in it since I've had it, I'm a neat freak when I drive it..no food/drinks allowed, period 8) ) Do you have any pictures of your low mileage TGP hosted? I don't recall if I've seen it or not.

no, it has been in storage since a couple weeks after i got it last october!! so no pics!! it 100% rivals your interior i am proud to say, but it has some exterior flaws from being stored improperly, very superficial though...nothing i won't be fixing this spring...then it should be oh so mint....only thing thats gonna take some work is the engine bay is on the dirty side....i might just pull the engine next fall when before i store it again and clean every thing to look as near as i can get to urs!! cross fingers!! is that how u got ur engine bay so effing clean!?!?! :shock:

no' date=' it has been in storage since a couple weeks after i got it last october!! so no pics!! it 100% rivals your interior i am proud to say, but it has some exterior flaws from being stored improperly, very superficial though...nothing i won't be fixing this spring...then it should be oh so mint....only thing thats gonna take some work is the engine bay is on the dirty side....i might just pull the engine next fall when before i store it again and clean every thing to look as near as i can get to urs!! cross fingers!! is that how u got ur engine bay so effing clean!?!?! :shock:[/quote']

I've got Rick(Rick5638 on the board) and I suppose the previous owner before him to thank for that, they kept it exceptionally clean so I basically just have to wipe it over every now and then to remove dust and to detail the black trim/rubber hoses. 8)

My 93 SE w/ 243,000 miles on it is nearly as clean as the TGP under the hood, took some work on it though(I've kept it clean since I got the car in 99...my parents never cleaned under the hood, they bought the car new in early 93).

how do u guys think a 245/40/18 tire would fit on 18x7.5in wheels......compared to our 16x8in wheels.....what im getting at is, would i have to get slightly less wide tires if i got wheels that were a half inch more narrow??? or would 245s be ok still....a site i was on suggested 235s so i was thinkin a 245 would still be fine...any comments or sugestions???

hey mfewtrail, here are those asa ar1's, i just manually blacked them on photoshop :D 708013_24_full.jpg

that looks so effing badass!!

u have to buy them!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :twisted: