98 lumina pinging noise from right back of motor

stlunatics2oo3

yeah my moms 98 lumina makes a light pinging noise by the drivers side or the motor and i was wonderin what it could be yeah i kno i messed up already when i put bosh platinum 4 plugs in her so tomorrow on pay i am gettin new ones but i was wonderin what else could be the problem with the engine

Probly the lifters, the 3.1's have always done this. And you said you were gonna change the Bosch plugs. I have the same ones you describe in my 94 Lumina Euro and haven't had one problem with them. I actually gained about 3 more miles to the gallon with them.

My lifters have always rattled like that too. I have also used those plugs with no problems, but everyone else says they're crap. All I know is they've lasted like 30,000 miles, and don't even show any wear!

My lifters have always rattled like that too. I have also used those plugs with no problems, but everyone else says they're crap. All I know is they've lasted like 30,000 miles, and don't even show any wear!