what's the difference - Melling 95HV oil pump and....

Guest TurboSedan

Guest TurboSedan

what's the difference between the Melling 95HV (stock TGP oil pump) and the Melling 134HV? i bought my 95HV from Summit for $60 and it arrived today. but they also had a 134HV for the same 660 2.8/3.1 application. the 134HV was $80 though IIRC....it it a 'better' oil pump? if so in what way? or maybe it's just for different oil pans like RWD applications?

btw the Melling 95HV oil pump i got today came with a new pump drive rod & it has a plastic lock ring thing that holds the oil pump shaft in place whereas the stocker 95HV didn't....cool :) i'll be installing the pump, oil pan, and the TGP oil cooler/oil filter adapter tomarrow :)

IIRC the 95HV was to be discontinued some time last year, not sure though. When I put mine in last winter I had a hard time finding the damn thing and I think the stores were trying to sell me the 134HV. The guy told me they were the same but I ended up getting the last one from an O'reilly--he said it was closeout special got it for 44.00