Anyone ever heard of Duralast gold brake pads?

HokemBokem

Yesterday after cashing my shitty check I went down to Auto zone to get brake pads. They didnt have much of a selection and I needed to get home for work so I bought some Duralast gold brake pads for the front for 35 bucks. I cant even find a pic of them in the net anywhere and was just seeing if you guys have had any experience with these?

EDIT: PICS

duralstpads2.jpg

duralstpads.jpg

They look nicer than my Raybestos :shrug:

Hmmm, they don't look so good.

All light silver colored pads I've used that look like that are semi-metallics and have absolutely no bite. There have been times that I thought the car was going to roll into the intersection.

I stick with carbon metallics which have a lot of bite and are a darker color material.

Found this on Duralast Brakes.

Published in Oregoned.org - Indexed on Jan 24, 2005Relevance:

MEMPHIS, Tenn., Jan. 24 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- AutoZone, Inc. , the nation's leading auto parts and accessories retailer, has recognized two of its manufacturing vendors as the company's Suppliers of the Year. Morse Automotive and Unit Parts Company were recognized for their achievements at the annual AutoZone Vendor Summit. Morse Automotive, the nation's largest independently owned manufacturer of brake shoes and disc pads, supplies Valucraft, Duralast and Duralast Gold brake pads and shoes. The Chicago-based company was represented at the Summit by Jay McCory, executive vice president, who accepted the award.

http://www.morseauto.com/

Those come with a lifetime warranty and the only negative thing i have read about them is, brake dust like factory pads. Try them out and if you do not like them AZ will let you trade them in on thereMorse Ceramic pads.

ehhh for 35 bucks I dont mind if they dont last that long

damn straight, hell anymore all i buy are the cheepass rear rotors and pads, they wear down just as quick, why bother. then again i have pre 94' brakes.

I sell em all the time, there a good solid replacement pad. They have a little more bite then stock but dont destroy rotors. that lifetime warrenty means just that, in 20k miles, turn em back in for a FREE set.

Its odd that the Duralast name could be used somewhere else. I have an AC Delco DURALAST GOLD alternator. Same name but different brand.....weird.

Tim, Duralast Gold alternators are by Duralast, not AC Delco...I have one in my SE. Where did you see AC Delco when you bought it? Also, I believe "Johnson Controls" manufactures Duralast and a couple of other brand batteries/alternators.

but dont destroy rotors.

Thats mainly what I cared about. Oh and last time I did my brakes I forgot to grease up the whole left front side :oops:

I will not do that again :lol:

I use Bendix Titanium Metallic Part# MKD376

they have built in Cutting blade that actualy cleans and turns the rotors :shock: badass! not to mention i dont have to wash my wheels every week from beakdust anymore. Great stoping power

they have built in Cutting blade that actualy cleans and turns the rotors :shock:

lol... how do you figure that?

the cutting blad is the first layer of surface when they are brand new. they look like the cutting wheel on a dremal. i forgot to specify that they cutting surface wears off after a few hundred miles.

they have built in Cutting blade that actualy cleans and turns the rotors :shock: badass! not to mention i dont have to wash my wheels every week from beakdust anymore. Great stoping power

WOW that is badass. I wish I could get ome of theose bitches. How much they cpst fora set. Exuse my drunkness.

Anyway me and my dad dud my pads today and my fucking g brake hoses were laeking so me and my dad had to reaplce those bitchres.

WOW that is badass. I wish I could get ome of theose bitches. How much they cpst fora set. Exuse my drunkness.

Anyway me and my dad dud my pads today and my fucking g brake hoses were laeking so me and my dad had to reaplce those bitchres.

i think it was less then 40 for the pair with shimms im guessing $35

the cutting blad is the first layer of surface when they are brand new. they look like the cutting wheel on a dremal. i forgot to specify that they cutting surface wears off after a few hundred miles.
The EBC Greenstuff pads have that layer on them as well...