Window Motor

Jamz

Yep , my front pass side window stopped to work , and i think thats the motor . Caus i can here a click , and i see light drop off a lil in the car , and there is no noise from it . Anyway , is the door interiror is hard to remove ? what should i get ? or need ? how much time ? thanks guys

Yep , my front pass side window stopped to work , and i think thats the motor . Caus i can here a click , and i see light drop off a lil in the car , and there is no noise from it . Anyway , is the door interiror is hard to remove ? what should i get ? or need ? how much time ? thanks guys

One time my driver side window clicked real loud and would work. Well I just pushed it back in place and now it works fine. You might want to try that but if its the motor thats a whole nother story.

Getting the door panel off is fairly easy, just lots of screws and bolts. You are best to take a pizza box or something cardboard, jam the screws and label them when you take them out so you remember where they go.

As far as the motor, that was one job I didn't want to attempt, got my mechanic to do it. I didn't want to risk dropping the glass.

I highly doubt you can do it, they are a PITA. They are either spot welded or riveted in, and are a bitch becuz you can't get your hands in there. Trust me, mine went a few months ago, get it done somewhere. But to save some cash, pull off the door panel yourself.

Wow, I guess I'm one of the few people that decided to replace the motor themselves. It wasn't the easiest thing to do but I bet it wouldn't be cheap to get done somewhere else. Yes, the motor was riveted in and yes it was a bitch to get my hands in there but it's possible. The door interior isn't tough to remove but it is rather annoying due to the power options. Just pay attention to what you unplug and pull off.

As to the motor, I picked one up at a junkyard for 65 bucks. Felt kind of steep but I know a dealer would have charged me out the ass. I'm not sure what specifics I could possibly go into as it was a while ago that I replaced it. It wasn't very tough, just time consuming. Pay attention to what you're doing and you'll be fine.