Pioneer P7600MP questions

Justin

Well I picked up the Pioneer P7600MP receiver, and was just wondering if anyone has had any issues with it at all. I noticed the hinge for the flip face looks pretty weak, especially when you detach the face. Anyone have the little plastic stud break off? I can get a 4 year warranty through Best Buy for $40, I might end up doing that, might pay for itself if I send it in once a year for cleaning. Can't wait to install it, and start burninating some mp3 cds. Another question, you just make regular folders, etc, and put the tracks in there, like a folder for one cd, then another and another, right?

My wife and I both have 7600's and haven't had any issues with either of them in the last year or so.

I use MusicMatch Jukebox to burn my MP3 CD-R's and it sets everything up for you automatically. I've tried a few different programs to burn a WMA disc, but the 7600 seems to have trouble playing WMA's (it'll only play a handfull of the songs you burn) so I just stick to MP3 discs.

Does anyone know if the auto-mute input for cell phones on the deck is a negative or positive wire? I'd like to hook it into my remote start so the radio is muted while in autostart mode, just so when it's really cold it saves on the speakers some. Really, I should put a relay in there to cut ign. power to the deck so the cd player doesn't play at all, but this would be marginally easier.

I've never had a problem with the hinge, but then I've only detached the face maybe 4-times. The car is garaged at night so I don't worry about removing the face. I've looked at how it attaches... it has that metal spring that clamps the nub on the faceplate into the plastic hinge on the HU itself. It SEEMS fairly durable.

Yeah, I just burn folders for each album and drop the tracks in there. I use Nero to burn the CD's. It works great! Only thing I had to do, was add track numbers to the beginning of the track names. The 7600 doesn't support playlists so the track numbers will keep the tracks playing in order.

I'm almost certain the cell mute is a negative input... ground to trigger.

Wow, that works slick, my deck mutes until I put the key in and hit the brake pedal. No more blasting tunes early in the morning before I get into the cold vehicle, I hate that. There sure is a pile of audio settings to mess with, I'm going to have to seriously read the manual.

Heh, I think I left the 7600's settings at default.

That's one thing cool about the 860MP I put in my truck... it's got a little microphone you place on the driver's seat, then set the thing into AutoEQ and AutoTA. It'll generate white noise and automatically adjust all the sound settings to optimal.

My user's guide mentions backlighting color changing, but I'm not seeing it anywhere in my function menu, anyone else know if it actually has it? Blue matches the interior better anyways, but red might look cool sometimes.

Mine doesn't change like that at all. I think the book is speaking of the "screen saver" that shifts the colors every 5 seconds so as not to "burn in" the Organic EL screen...

you must have bought them when they first came out thats why i wait for the end of the year clearance sales. because the head units basically have more features then the ones at the begining of the year. :mrgreen:

you must have bought them when they first came out
Damn straight I did! I don't think the 7600 was out for even 2 weeks when I bought mine (and my wife's like 3 days later) :D ...

So did I, but if Justin's doesn't have the ILLUMI function, then it's probably more likely a feature that was planned, but didn't make production.

If I can dig out my manual I'll see if mine has that page.