W-body chassis rigidity

loominaz34

I was driving around in the Z today and i realized there are no evil crickets in my entire car. which to me means there must be very little flex in the car.

My friends 1990 cougar XR7 is terrible, it sounds like a cricket farm and my other friend's 2003 GTI has a few odd squeaks but my car doesn't what gives? Is it a strong chassis? am I lucky? am I an idiot? (rhetorical question don't answer that)

(napoleon dynamite voice) Lucky!

My CS has three noticeable squeaks, the pass side of the dash, there are 3 main suppports broken and I've 3/4 fixed it with one of those stereo support straps, the pass door panel, and the left front strut. The Z has a couple, mainly the rear struts, but the exhaust is so loud I can hardly hear them.

It's got 174 thousand miles on it. I'd hope it's worked itself out by now. the biggest rattle i have is from the change in that tray with the cigarette lighter (closest thing to a cup-holder in the whold car.)