What tires to run?

joberlee

I will need to buy new tires for my TGP this spring. Just curious what type of tires most of you run. The 245/50ZR16s seem to be kind of pricey, has anyone had any luck running a different size on the stock TGP rims?

My dad put 4 new 245/50/ZR16 Falken Zeix ZE512's on his TGP in July or August, and it was $360 mounted/balanced with road hazard from discount tire.

The 225/60/16 Bridgestone Potenza G009's that I put on my STE at about the same time were also $360 mounted/balanced with road hazard also from discount tire.

I am impressed by both tires and highly recommend them. For the money, they are both very nice tires.

Shawn

Not sure how much Nitto's cost in that size, but I have them in 245/45/17's and just love them. Excellent rain traction for a ZR-rated tire.

i also have the nittos (the 555's) in 235/45/17 and love them, the best tire i have ever put on my car

The TGP's on P245/50R16 Cooper Corbra Radial GTHs... I haven't had anything close to a chance to really test them out yet, but the tread pattern looks pretty good.

Im running Goodyear GT-HRs 235/55/16s right now. They are a little over $90 a piece on tire rack. I know a distributor at home, so I got them for $70 a piece, but they are a very nice tire.

I've got the same tires as robby above, but I've got 245 series. I love them. No clearance issues, and they only cost around $90 a piece as stated. Great dry traction, and moderate rain and snow traction.

My only real regret is that I've got 6.5 inch Cutlass 5 point rims and the tires look underinflated since the rims aren't really quite wide enough to accomodate the wider tire. It doesn't seem to affect handling though.

The best summer tire by far that I have rolled on were the Toyo Proxes T1-S tires that were on the rims that I traded to chris. These tires are great all the way around in the summer, drawback is that they are almost $200 each for the 245/45/17s, (the TGP size is around $170ea.) and you can only use them in the warm months.

http://www.toyo.com/tires/tire_lines/high_perf/t1s.html