Will an OPTIMA Battery Fit in a gen I w-body?

terryk2003

alright...thanx for the pix guys...how about mounting!?...does it mount in there fine with the factory mounting hardware? or was there something special you have to do!?...

Well I had to drill a few holes, then slide bolts through it, and nuts from underneath, and then tie the strap around it :lol:

OK...i got the point a long time ago...thats great! :roll: ...my question was directed towards putting it in the FACTORY location! :wink:

Well I had to drill a few holes, then slide bolts through it, and nuts from underneath, and then tie the strap around it :lol:

OK...i got the point a long time ago...thats great! :roll: ...my question was directed towards putting it in the FACTORY location! :wink:

I have a 94 cutlass 3.1 wth the washerfluid resevoir over the battery and red tops DO fit fine. I compared the optima red top group 75/25, to a standard group 75 battery and the red top is about an 1/2 inch shorter in the hight of the case and that makes enough room for it to fit under the resevoir.

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=optred&store=&catid=6173

If you want to use the factory hold downs and such get the Group 75 red top because the terminals are on the outside edges of the battery not in the middle like the group 78's are.

And pull the whole air filter assembly out it'll save you alot of trouble.

I think aaron's drunk... :alcoholic:

Or he thinks he's the only one with a CAI and the battery in the trunk.

or he can't read...because i was asking if it'd fit under the washer resevoir... :roll: