90 CS Convertible

NORBI

Do you guys think its worth buying a 90 CS convertible with 169k miles (claims it has a new engine with 25k miles) new paint job and no dents and good top. He wants to sell it to me for 1600 so you think i could take the car and then sell it with profit?

Good point but i am very attached to my 88 Cutlass it has been through everything with me good times, bad times and even terrible times and it has always been there for me and never gave up on me, so i think i will buy it tomorrow or maybe even today. WIsh me good luck.

Yeah, I know what you mean, that's why my wife and I haven't been very proactive in getting rid of her '88 Cutlass Int'l.

We've both been through a lot with it... her driving it and me fixing it!

See i dont really know whats in those cars Shawn but they have something in them that gets you attached to them. If i could i would pick up every Cutlass Supreme, Grand Prix and some Luminas and would keep them clean and repaint them especially Cutlasses. Its weird but when i see a deappreciated CS i feel sorry for it and would like to fix it up. same things with my friends that own CS (thanks to me) say same things that you can get attached and like certain car and there are some cars that nomatter how you try just cant like them and use them only as a tool to go places. Thats why i had 2 CSs and a GP and probably will have another Convertible for some time till i sell it to another person who will appreciate it and take care of it.

yea, that's one thing I wanted to be sure of when I sold my lumina to the kid that bought it. Give it a home where it'll be babied like I did.. boy did I underestimate that. The thing is never clean, he beats the hell out of it, and just today he told me that he's 'never is gonna wax the car'... I wanted to smack him.

But I guess.. It's not my responsibility anymore.

Damn Luke, that's a sad story. :cry:

My wife's brother needs decent transportation, but we never even offered her '88 Cutty because he's hard on cars. He currently has a Ford Bronco that doesn't run, which is rusting, is dark gray with a white door which he put on but never painted, has an aftermarket stereo that he wired up by hacking off the factory connectors and twisting/taping the wires together, and he has amp wires running through the door jamb into the truck and running OVER the carpet. He also has fast food trash in it that probably dates back 5-years. My wife refuses to even consider letting him have her old Cutlass! I don't blame her!

If i were you i wouldnt give it or sell it to a person like that. Why do u want to sell it, doesnt she need a car anymore? There was a time i had 3 cars at one time, Cutlass was just to drive from a point A to B in a bad weather, then my CS convertible was for a summer and Corvette was just to show off and drive for a pleasure with t-tops off on weekends. Now i am down to 2 and drive only 1 8)

Well, we want to sell it because she has the 94 convertible to drive.

3-cars is not bad, but we have 5!

88 Cutlass Supreme Int'l

89 Cutlass Supreme Int'l

90 Pontiac Grand Prix Turbo

94 Cutlass Supreme convertible

99 Chevy Silverado

We really need to downsize! There's no place to park all these cars since we only have a 3-car garage so we have cars parked behind cars.

The 89 is my baby, I've had it since I was 18 so it's not going anywhere. The 88 is very similar to the 89 but has far fewer options and isn't in nearly as good condition, so naturally it'll be the first to go. If the '88 were a Regal GS or something different, I might be able to justify keeping it, but it's almost identical to the 89 except for ground-effects color and interior color. It's just kind of silly to have 2 nearly identical cars!

let me know if you ever decide to sell the TGP later on(years from now even...lol) I'm desperate for a good TGP, but right now can't afford one due to my other W-body projects :cry: