New struts fo' me

loominaz34

ok so I went to get my tire reseated yesterday. And since then the left rear suspension won't compress at all. ( I push on the corner, nothing happens) I went back to NTB today and had them take a look.after about 2 minutes of looking, they showed me the reason for my car's ailment. The strut had a blown seal and when the strut was extended, it somehow got stuck. all this was for the left rear strut. The right rear is leaking oil like crazy and on the fronts, both boots are torn and grind when the steering wheel is turned. Does this sound feasible, and/or right to you or are they bullshitting me? thanks in advance.

Hey, at least the nut didn't bust off the top of the "rod" and fall down into the main part of the strut!

Get the KYB GR2's! You'll spend close to 4 bills for all 4 struts, mounts, and boots, but they're well worth it. Get them from The TireRack to get the best deal...

Don't know if it's happening to you, but it's common for old struts to stiffen up when it's below freezing outside. When I still had the originals on my GP, when it was bitter cold, the back would feel like a brick. I was told by a mechanic that when the struts are leaky, moisture gets inside and foams up the oil. Then, if cold enough, the moisture freezes causing the struts to be stiff. While I was having the problem, once it would warm up, they would act like normal. If it has warmed up there, has the strut become un-stuck?

I'll have to hit the struts with a heat gun. It's been between 8 and -5 here for the last four days. They did sink down to normal ride height over the course of the night. this pisses me off. I was supposed to go to Michigan tomorrow and now I dont feel safe driving my car to the store let alone Michigan.

Guest Gp crazy

This really sucks Espicaly the ride, it's like a ride on the school bus going over a set of rail road tracks at high speed 8)

But I just priced some KYB'S on the Tire Rack they were 48.00 a pice and the boots were 12.00 each and the mounts were 43.00 each + shipping to 13069 = 231.56 total :( got my new card just in time 8)

jeff b