power locks again

chronic139

Ive posted this before on the old page but the problem remains. When I push unlock the doors unlock. when I push lock nothing happens and the whole system "freezes up" and I can do nothing. The locks will eventually pop open themselves and then unlock control comes back. Ive replaced the relay with no success. Any ideas?

My guess is it's something caused by your keyless entry module. The keyless entry module is located on the rear deck to the outside of the passenger side 6x9 speaker. You will have to remove the rear shelf trim panel to get to it. If you unplug it, your driver's side door won't unlock with the button, but if your passenger side door suddenly works correctly, then you need a new module or to bypass it altogether.

Yes, ground the programming connector and doors will lock/unlock and trunk solenoid will click. You are now ready to program a remote. Press any button on the remote, and the lock/unlock/trunk sequence will occur again to confirm learning. Remove ground from the programming connector to finish.

My power locks also act up on me sometimes. Most of the time only the drivers door will lock/unlock, but sometimes all four doors will. And sometimes none will. It doesn't matter which switch you use. Can you see the keyless entry module through the trunk? Also, if it's not the module, is there a relay that might be bad?

Guest Anonymous

Hey Shawn, Is the procedure the same for the TGP? I have the connector by my antenna but you keep saying power antenna. Mine isn't power. I think it may have been before cause there is another plug hanging there with 3 wires on it. Would that be for an antenna motor? Would it have something to do with the keyless entry? I tried grounding the connector but nothing happens.I have a remote to try it with if I can get it to ground.

Where is the relay for it?

Yep, the procedure is same on the TGP.

It's likely you had power antenna. 3-wires sounds about right, but I'd have to check. They keyless entry programming wire is black with a black connector on it. Inside is a brass-colored male spade lug. Ground that, and your locks and trunk should activate signalling you have entered programming mode.

Now these factory keyless entry units are almost always bad. The 94 CS convertible I got last week had a bad keyless entry unit from the beginning. I resoldered the entire thing last night, and it seems to work fine now, so I pulled the crappy Avital aftermarket alarm.

I'd probably exchange a good one for your bad one. How's $30 up front, I ship you my working one, you send me your bad one, and after I receive your bad one I give you back a $10 "core" so your net cost is $20.

That way you have no down time (your driver's side power lock won't work without the module in place).

It's probably best to resolder the whole thing once you have it out.

I know one person that had told me he had to pull it out and resolder it every couple months when he just resoldered the chips, but when he resoldered the whole thing, he never had to redo it.

I've found that some rosin paste flux helps a lot, and you don't have to add any solder. Just dab a little paste flux on each solder joint, and heat it up till it's good and shiny. Without the flux, it's too easy to make a cold solder joint.

Hey Shawn Id like to send you mine too. When I ground it nothing happens. I was so dissappointed. Id always wanted keyless entry but not a stupid aftermarket one. email me some info so we can get on it!

I can send you my resoldered spare for $30. Swap yours out with this good one and send your bad one back to me. When I recieve it, I'll refund you a $10 core fee.

We can do this all through PayPal so it's easy.

Whaddya think?

What's the best way to ship to Canada?

The USPS website is telling me it'll cost $13.25 airmail for a 1lb package!!!

Global Priority Mail would be a lot cheaper, but I don't know what their restrictions are on stuff 3D objects into a flat envelope.

im not exactly sure. I got an chip from Ben and it only cost him 85 cents. That was regular postal i think. But that is a lot less than 1 lb. as well. Tell me what the cheapest rate is that you find and Ill pay it. We can just add it on to the $30. I gotta find a remote as well.