where to buy raybestos brakes???

Grand Moff Joseph

So, I plan on buying raybestos brakes for my lumina (btw, thanks to all for the tip on that brand name)

But, the two auto stores here do not carry this brand. Any suggestions as to where to go, both online and offline?

Got my Raybestos Quietstop pads from Auto Parts Plus.

On another note, I think its fairly likely that the NAPA-branded pads are manufactured by Raybestos. Raybestos is owned by the DANA corporation, and NAPA is known to make extensive use of DANA and its subsiduaries in their product lines.

Yea Napa does sell alot of Dana, their filters are Wix, gaskets are Victor Reinz gaskets, Spicer U joints and many others

My favorite Dana product is the Eaton M120 atop the 32v 4.6L Ford Mustang Cobra :lol: Cant wait to buy one

Raybestos Brake pads are available at Checker/Shucks/Kragen auto parts stores.

I think Napa is now Carquest or something like that...at least up here in Buffalo it is. They carry them

must just be in your area... :think: ...the local napa store here is still NAPA :willynilly:

i think you can get em @ Advance Auto Parts too...or was it...Autozone!? :? :roll:

Advance Auto sells Bendix brake parts....never used Bendix stuff though, anyone have any feedback about their stuff? my cousin swears by Bendix

I think Napa is now Carquest or something like that...at least up here in Buffalo it is. They carry them

must just be in your area... :think: ...the local napa store here is still NAPA :willynilly:

Yea same here. Also do the Raybestos quiet stop acually eliminate all squeaking? Because if so I might have to pick some up for my next brake pad job.

Yea same here. Also do the Raybestos quiet stop acually eliminate all squeaking? Because if so I might have to pick some up for my next brake pad job.

No noise with mine fitted on the fronts. My rears still make a bit of noise, but I'm not sure what pads I actually have back there.

Haven't had my wheels off since I installed them, so can't say anything about the wear. No dust though, which is definitely nice.

Guess what my friend everytime I wash them they get dirty again right away and its not road debris its brake crap. Well maybe its because I don't really have rear brakes anymore.

I know how you feel. Back when I had shitty brakes and be washing my car, I would shoot the hose into the wheel and black shit would pour out for about a min or two. Now there is no where near as much gunk as before.

Whats a good pad for like dust free?

swap to 4-wheel drum brakes. you'll never have to worry about brake dust again. prepare for massive fade and brake pull though :lol:

Guess what my friend everytime I wash them they get dirty again right away and its not road debris its brake crap. Well maybe its because I don't really have rear brakes anymore.

easy there...i was just messin with you... :wink: BUT, i personally don't think there is such a thing as DUST FREE pads...even though some people might claim they are...there might be some with less dust...maybe ceramic pads... :shrug: ...i dunno...

easy there...i was just messin with you... :wink: BUT, i personally don't think there is such a thing as DUST FREE pads...even though some people might claim they are...there might be some with less dust...maybe ceramic pads... :shrug: ...i dunno...

Carotop, DON'T use Ceramic pads on your car, unless you like grooved rotors....

Carotop, DON'T use Ceramic pads on your car, unless you like grooved rotors....

:lol: ..well, nevermind that then...i dunno...go with whatever everyone else was talkin about...i PERSONALLY just have some NAPA TRUE STOP pads...and they work great...BUT, there is still brake dust... :roll:

Its pretty well known in here that a certain poster absolutely hates ceramic brake pads and BOSCH parts. To protect the guilty, I won't name him. Let's just say he uses a disgusting looking cartoon turd as his avatar.

I can only vouch for my experience, and that is, ceramics have served me well thus far (as has my Bosch O2 sensor. ). And yes, my rotors look just fine, albeit they now have a bit of a copper sheen to them, instead of the black sheen they had with my former pads.

Its pretty well known in here that a certain poster absolutely hates ceramic brake pads and BOSCH parts. To protect the guilty, I won't name him. Let's just say he uses a disgusting looking cartoon turd as his avatar.

I can only vouch for my experience, and that is, ceramics have served me well thus far (as has my Bosch O2 sensor. ). And yes, my rotors look just fine, albeit they now have a bit of a copper sheen to them, instead of the black sheen they had with my former pads.

:lol: i hated my Bosch brake pads, but, hey, if they've worked for you, good.

mine vibrated, squealed, tore the shit out of 2 sets of Bosch rotors, and stopped the car even worse than it stops now. oh well. :thumbsdown:

mine vibrated, squealed, tore the shit out of 2 sets of Bosch rotors, and stopped the car even worse than it stops now. oh well. :thumbsdown:

you have problems with damn near everything :lol: ...ever think maybe its just the installer!? :roll: :shrug:

you have problems with damn near everything :lol: ...ever think maybe its just the installer!? :roll: :shrug:

:flip: i'm pretty sure i can install a set of brakes properly.

although, i can't get my fuel filter off :thumbsdown: it's rusted on the line :thumbsdown: