I think this is the end of my car UPDATE Regal will live on!

HokemBokem

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HokemBokem

• DiscoStudd

• 93CutlassSupreme

• Dannymik

Well the mecahnic called my dad this moring and said my car will be done tommorow :P I cant wait, its been so shitty without a car for two weeks.
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!! :thumbsup:

You finally get your car back. Just be sure to take it easy on her for the first 500-700 miles. And ask the mechanic when to do your "Break In" oil changes.

Yea Disco told me change the oil after 100 miles then 500 then 1000 and then go back to normal 3000 mile oil changes. I have a case of Chevron and 3 Pennzoil oil filters for the break in process.

Ill keep you guys updated tommorow when I find out how much the total price is and what the all changed. Also dont you think they had to change my oil when they rebuilt the engine? I dont think they would do it without taking the oil out right?

Also dont you think they had to change my oil when they rebuilt the engine? I dont think they would do it without taking the oil out right?

Well I'm sure if they didn't drain it, it would have leaked out when they tore the engine apart. :lol:

Also dont you think they had to change my oil when they rebuilt the engine? I dont think they would do it without taking the oil out right?

Well I'm sure if they didn't drain it, it would have leaked out when they tore the engine apart. :lol:

Yea just making sure :lol:

So I prob wont have to change it right when I get it back but after 100 miles. And do you guys know how much those clay bar kits usually go for? And could I get one at a local checker or Auto Zone? I was thinking of giving the Regal a nice clay bar wax and overall detailing when I get her back.

the motor should be as good as or better than new.

Thats what my dad said. And also you know how some say its dangerous to switch to synthetic oil with a lot of miles on the engine? Well if I wanted to would this be the time to switch to synthetic.

Don't switch over until you properly break the new motor in. You have to change the oil after 100 miles, then 500, then every 1000 until it has 3000 miles on it. After that you should be able to switch over no problem. They also say you shouldn't be too rough on the motor for the first 500 miles. If you get a warranty, then you have to show proof that you changed the oil at the correct intervals during the break-in period...

How do you show proof of this? Do you have to have reciepts for the oil or something? Because I bought my case of oil and oil filters about a week ago and dont have the reciept??? I might have to just buy more oil becasue I dont want to void my warrenty.

How do you show proof of this? Do you have to have reciepts for the oil or something? Because I bought my case of oil and oil filters about a week ago and dont have the reciept??? I might have to just buy more oil becasue I dont want to void my warrenty.
My warranty card had a spot where you had to write in the mileage on the car at the specified oil change interval. I also saved my reciepts from when I bought my oil and filters. I showed this to the shop owner when I took it in for its "check-up" a few months later and he said that my documentation was all in order...

Don't be surprised when you change the oil after 100 miles when you see a bunch of small metal particles in the oil. This is completely normal for the break in period (and is the sole reason why you have to change the oil frequently the first 1000 miles...)

What's so confusing about that? :lol:

Looks like I need to pick up another case of oil :lol:

For x-mas im getting a nice floor jack and jackstands. Until then I have to jack my car up just a little with the litte jack thats provided with the car and squeeze under from there :roll: After x-mas it will be much easier.

You shouldn't have to jack the car up any to reach the drain plug (unless you weigh 3 bills. :lol: ) Get an oil drain pan that's short enough to slide under the "air dam" and you should be golden.

Getting to the filter on the 3800 isn't too difficult. You have to crank the wheels full left and reach in through the passenger side wheel well (behind the tire.) It's kinda awkward trying to get to it, but it's not very difficult to get the filter outta there...

You shouldn't have to jack the car up any to reach the drain plug (unless you weigh 3 bills. :lol: ) Get an oil drain pan that's short enough to slide under the "air dam" and you should be golden.

Getting to the filter on the 3800 isn't too difficult. You have to crank the wheels full left and reach in through the passenger side wheel well (behind the tire.) It's kinda awkward trying to get to it, but it's not very difficult to get the filter outta there...

Yea ive done it twice so far. All you have to do it reach up there. I wonder if I could have gotten under wihtout jacking it up??? I cant tell right now cuz I dont have my car.

Oh and also my dad called. The mechanic is done with the motor and hes finishing up all the bolt on's. He wants to keep it tonight though to make sure everything is allright. He said it would be ready for pickup tommorow morning.

Yea ive done it twice so far. All you have to do it reach up there. I wonder if I could have gotten under wihtout jacking it up??? I cant tell right now cuz I dont have my car.

Oh and also my dad called. The mechanic is done with the motor and hes finishing up all the bolt on's. He wants to keep it tonight though to make sure everything is allright. He said it would be ready for pickup tommorow morning.

1st thing you should do is rev that fucker to about 3K and then light em up! Naw, I bet your so excited to get your car back...I just hope that I wont have to go through that shit. Let us know if you feel like your in a new care when you get her home!

1st thing you should do is rev that fucker to about 3K and then light em up! Naw, I bet your so excited to get your car back...I just hope that I wont have to go through that shit. Let us know if you feel like your in a new care when you get her home!

Oh I will. I was pissed when I found out it wasent going to be done today but its for the better.

When you go to pick up your car, ask the mechanic if he installed the revised upper and lower intake manifolds with the modified EGR passages...

Is that because the early 3800's had a plastic one that failed?

When you go to pick up your car, ask the mechanic if he installed the revised upper and lower intake manifolds with the modified EGR passages...

Actually all Series II's (and 93-95 Series I's) have a plastic upper manifold (plenum.) The problem with the earlier Series II's was that the EGR tube that passed through the plenum was too large and it melted the plastic eventually, leading to coolant leakage into the oil (which most likely caused your motor's demise.) The newer Series II's had revised manifolds installed that had a smaller EGR tube (you can also get these manifolds aftermarket...)

Actually all Series II's (and 93-95 Series I's) have a plastic upper manifold (plenum.) The problem with the earlier Series II's was that the EGR tube that passed through the plenum was too large and it melted the plastic eventually, leading to coolant leakage into the oil (which most likely caused your motor's demise.) The newer Series II's had revised manifolds installed that had a smaller EGR tube (you can also get these manifolds aftermarket...)

So what if they didnt change that? The motor would be toast again eventually.

Thats what ya get for having the metric system

5 qt. cost $25 here at the china mart, I mean wal mart, we also have quarter pounders at the golden arches :roll:

Walmart does do sales for Mobil for like $20-$21 a jug.