Whipplecharger vs turbo vs centrifugal...

animuL

I don't know what kind of interest there is in Whipples on this forum, but if anyone cares heres a good resource I made:

http://members.cox.net/animul67/whippletechinfo.htm

there is a video on there of my GTP with the Whipple and just tons of info. I have found that most people don't know much about power adders so if you care to learn that page may enlighten you.

thanks guy... Right now I am modeling up a new design for the Whipple adapters. The previous adapters I made myself with a hand mill, based off of a design I had in my head and tracing gasketsand stuff to get everything accurate. These new ones are going to be CNC milled. I work at an engineering firm, I am a design draftsman/engineer and spend all day making 3d models of airplane parts and drafting them for production, so this comes pretty easy. Nice to be able to play around with it and manipulate it in 3d space, try different ideas and designs and see what works. These adapters will be much more precise and accurate, cheaper and less time consuming to build, and an even better design than before. I was able to make the adapters only 1/2" thick so the blower sits the same height as the stock blower, and the adapter is designed to be able to use with the intercoolers that some of the L67 people already have, such as the ZZP intercooler. This way I don't have to make a custom intercooler, I only have to make 1 part, and it will work with anything that the M90 guys already have. All of this for the price of the original non-intercooled kit of $3000 including the Whipple and everything else you need!

Hey is that whipple the only mod you have on your L67? I'm thinking of putting an L67 in my cutty and just wondering what I have to do to get pretty close to the same results as you did.

dude, can the whipple fit on the 3.4L with not a whole lot of modification? i want one!!!!!!!!!!!

No. The manifold required will require quite a bit of design and fabrication. IMO, the only way to do it like this is to replace the upper and lower intake manifolds. The supercharger is going to be significantly taller than your stock manifolds. I modeled this quite a few ways when I was starting my senior design project, and there really is no easy way. The best way is to mount it where the stock airbox is and run a driveshaft across the front of the engine.

Tim

But if I change it up like I am going to. To put a stock supercharger on it would I be able to put a whipple on it then?

do a l67 non super charged swap and just buy the whipple.

I am contemplating doing an l67 swap once my 3800 II n/a bites the dust.

This whipple concept has caught my attention though.

Gunna keep an eye out for a production version.