Will '92 dic work in '89?

Jcrow

shouldn't be a problem...

:werd:

I have the install of an 89 DIC to go into my 90 Euro, AND my 87 6000.. Shit, I can even hook it into a Dodge Caravan.. I have the pinouts for this thing if you need them as well! 8)

Can anyone tell me how to install this? I dont even know where to begin

475216_5_full.jpg

Anyone have a write up on this? I dont even know what I have to remove to get at those wires let alone how to put the damned thing in

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN HIJACKED!!

lol.. jk.. A good place to begin is grab the accompanying connector that plugs into this.. As for the rest, someone just needs to come up with a pinout of what each wire does.. Which I KNOW there is one out there for this thing.. The Cutty DIS is the same basic thing, it just doesnt look like a Rad Racer game for NES :lol:

Can anyone tell me how to install this? I dont even know where to begin

475216_5_full.jpg

Anyone have a write up on this? I dont even know what I have to remove to get at those wires let alone how to put the damned thing in

first you have to remove the gray piece of trim around the instrument cluster. They're all facing down, there's like six phillips head screws. Just yank that piece out (if you have a foglight button up there though, watch out for the harness). the trim piece covering the middle vents and heater controls is 3 7mm hex bolts up top, two phillips head screws on either side of the console underneath, and I think there's one screw way in the back of the big cubby on the bottom too. (I think that's it). You may have to play with this piece a bit, the wires for the cig lighter and light bulb in the ash tray were on the short side so I couldn't maneveur it much until I got those unplugged. from there, wire it up according to this:

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=112347&highlight=dis#110058

Cool! I like the VFD better than the LCD because will match my dash

I actually liked the LCD better, my old 89 GP had it....so I put and LCD in the dash of my '97 cutty...now that it's in, I think the VFD one would look better....now I just have to find a cheap VFD one to swap in...

Cool! I like the VFD better than the LCD because will match my dash

I actually liked the LCD better, my old 89 GP had it....so I put and LCD in the dash of my '97 cutty...now that it's in, I think the VFD one would look better....now I just have to find a cheap VFD one to swap in...

I may be able to assist you in this department.. I have a VFD one coming for my 87 6000.. I want the LCD one.. PM me if this is an interest to you..

I may be able to assist you in this department.. I have a VFD one coming for my 87 6000.. I want the LCD one.. PM me if this is an interest to you..

I'll definitely consider it....lmk when you get the VFD one....