5 lug to 4 lug

90KUTTY

is it possible/safe to change the 5 lug pattern to a 4 lug pattern on my cutty? cuz i just found some nice 18inch chrome rims with tires for $300 but they are a 4 lug pattern. so i just want to know if i can do it.

{Jared}

I'm sure you could, but it'd take some serious modifying and you'd have to make a custom brake/bearing kit for it - you're best off buyin' the tires and sellin' them to some of the Ford guys.

--Dave.

i didnt think i could, just wanted someone elses take on the idea, my next idea (however retarded it sounds) was to take it to a welding shop and have them weld the holes shut some how and drill the 5 lug pattern out, but i doubt that will work

that CAN be done, but you have to go to a shop that only does wheels like that - otherwise you're in for some serious problems (namely centering problems) and it'd probably end up costin' ya $200 - $300 per rim.

--Dave.

I don't know how they do it or what is involved, but the 8?-93 mustang guys quite regularly change from 4 lug to 5 lug....

They swap the hubs off a different Ford I think.

I would forget about 4-lug wheels. You can get bolt pattern adapters, but they're of questionable safety.

It would cost crazy cash to get the bolt pattern changed on the wheels.

Why get wheels that big? You goin BLING NASTY with your Cutlass? lol.. Nah, just find yourself some 5 lug rims.. Best, cheapest, and safest bet.. And it wont look GAY with 4 lugs on a W.. lol

Why get wheels that big?

18" rims are the almost the perfect size for a "w", IMHO of course....hell I would even get 19s if I could afford them...

:werd: If my style wheels came in 19", I would definitely trade up if I could afford the tires.

300832_49.jpg

i still gottem cant beat $300 i figured i can sell for $600 or $700. what do you think? his car was gonna get repossessed thats why he sold em so friggin cheap. shit his loss. i have the caps but there in my ladies ride