Window falls out of track

Jcrow

Is there anyway to fix the back side of the door glass (2 door) without buying a new window? Its stupid! :verymad:

I put in a junkyard window last year and that stupid plastic tab is now worn out on this one!

I even replaced the weatherstrip channel!

I had this problem in my Cavalier. The actual problem may be a bit different but I dunno.

My problem was that the front track in my door had a few spots towards the bottom that looked like rough pieces of metal. I dunno how it happened but it was weird. This was causing the black tab to split in half and then come apart so the window was just tilting forward instead of going down.

I also had another problem... on the rear of the door the weatherstrip around the window in the top corner was broken but the tab on the window still had to slide into it. Well when I tried to put the window down the tab would pull the weatherstrip with it and therefore it would tilt the window forward instead of going down. So I drilled a hole in the door jam and worked a screw in so that it would hold the weatherstrip in place. Worked wonders.

If these don't help you, sorry. Just check your track and to see if there's anything stuck in it that could be breaking the tab. Also, just hit up a NAPA for one of the tabs. They're very cheap. I wouldn't get one from a junkyard because once you put one on they're NOT supposed to come off.

I just called the dealer and he said only the front guide is replaceable. This happened to me before and I got a junkyard window, now this one is worn out too! The only way to fix it is get a new window! I put some epoxy for plastic on it and it works better now but still falls out. Maybe it needs more epoxy