PM III fluid levels

Lee

Hey guys, how far below the top should it be filled? I have added to it over the years during brake changes and fliud repacements and ended up about 1/8 inch below the wall that separates the front resivior (sp) from the back. It just seems too full to me.

I think it shoud be more like 3/16 to 1/2 below. What's right?

There is a level meter on the inside wall. It looks like a step, and it's on the passenger side of the resivuior (sp?). It should be in the middle of the step. Your owners manual will give you a pic and describe this in detail.

Mine was giving me problems (werid pump noise and abs light) and I noticed the level was WAY low...almost empty. I filled it to the middle of this step, and all was well. I also figured out where the fluid was going too, the pump housing is leaking. Apparently they all do this...they develop small cracks in the pump housing because of the high pressure. I guess I'll have to replace it soon. You can see if yours is leaking too, jack up the car and go underneath. Look up through the engine compartment at the bottom of the PM3 unit, and you'll see the pump housing. If it's coated in fluid (like mine) it's leaking from there.

Jason