Bad brakes?

Daves1995GTP

Why is it I always hear people here saying W-bodies have bad brakes. My 95 GTP has great brakes. I've never had a problem with them stopping, they seem to work better than a lot of other cars.

all first gen lummies had shit brakes, then when they got redesigned in '95 and the Monte was introd, most (if not all) had rear drums and the old fronts, making them the worst w-body brakes ever. Then they supposedly got the full upgrade finally in '96.

Did '96+ lummies and Montes have the same rears as the "'94+" rears (definetly?)

Why is it I always hear people here saying W-bodies have bad brakes. My 95 GTP has great brakes. I've never had a problem with them stopping, they seem to work better than a lot of other cars.

what other cars have you driven recently? I would say my cutty brakes are decent, but I sure as hell wouldn't call them "great"...

Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:24 pm Post subject: Re: Bad brakes?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daves1995GTP wrote:

what other cars have you driven recently? I would say my cutty brakes are decent, but I sure as hell wouldn't call them "great"...

Compared to the first gen W's the new ones are way better.

drive up to Detroit and i'll let you take my car for a spin. then you'll know what we mean when we say

w-bodies have brakes that can lick a camel's ass

I have had an '89 GP, a '92 Euro 3.4, a 95 GTP and my '97 cutty....to be honest with you I think that all their braking systems lack when compared to other vehicles....that being said, once I get used to my cutty brakes then jump in the Spyder I about give the poor wife whiplash the first time I go to stop....

I have had an '89 GP, a '92 Euro 3.4, a 95 GTP and my '97 cutty....to be honest with you I think that all their braking systems lack when compared to other vehicles....that being said, once I get used to my cutty brakes then jump in the Spyder I about give the poor wife whiplash the first time I go to stop....

:lol: :lol:

i have trouble stopping in my mom's Impala when i drive it. you just tap the pedal, and you're already stopped. the front rotors on that car are huge compared to mine.

My '95 stops 100x better than my 88 ever did. Those brakes do SUCK. Strangly, the brakes on my sis's 97 Sunfire stop freaking awsome.. I dunno what kinda pads its got cause we've had it less than a year (its got really low mileage too).

'94+ much better rears, '96+ new fronts too.

new front came in 94. debating which looks better will reslut in a flame war.

front brakes, man...

haha i know how that goes i'll get in other cars and not be used to NOT haveing to depress the pedel an inch or more before i really get any effect.

I have driven many cars, and my sister's 93 Accord had the best brakes I've ever felt.

I think my parents' 04 Maxima had pretty nice brakes too.

My TGP has the worst brakes I've ever experienced in my life. It's scary to drive.