need some help on speakers

john99gtp

j0 fools

anyone have any idea how to get the cover off on the rear speakers in my GTP???

I know it has to come off cause the rear speakers are screwed down from the top.

I tried seeing if it would pop off lightly but it did not..

anyone got any idea???

I wanna put in some speakers i got to replace my blown one in the rear

thanks

John

Take the back seat out.. remove the back deck.. bingo, you have your speakers.

Unfortunatly, that's the only way of removing them in your car.

The rear seat is easy to remove.

2 pull clips on the bottom, pull on them, lift the lower seat out. Then there's 4 bolts holding the back rest in. A large bolt for the seatbelt (which I think you just have to loosen) and 2 10MM bolts. Remove those, lift up on the seat back, and remove it. Pop out the 2 compression clips holding the rear deck in (will become visible after removing the seat back). Put the seatbelts under the rear deck, then lift up and pull out the rear deck.

That's how I remember doing them.. may have a few troubles, but it's nothing I know you can't figure out. :)

omg this is the biggest pain

75 minutes later, i finally replace one speaker, lol....

this is such a pain in the ass i think im going to just get aftermarkets

i dont wanna do this again

John

its not fun

and im not slow....i just dont have the right tools :)

luke was fairly confident about me doing it (guess he doesnt know me to well, LOL!)

Im just leaving everything like it is, going to get some speakers tonite, and put them in tomorrow after work..

comeon SL, you know you wanna try it :)

John

backseat was the easy part, well, the bottom of it was....

i was pulling the wrong way to get the top half out :lol:

now that i know i could probably do better

Picked up some speakers tonite, gonna install em tomorrow after work

John

the whole point to anything today is to make sure people don't fuck with shit ... like now a days newer cars have to have a chime module and a new adapter because of a feature in todays cars called "Data Link" or some shit...

amazing thing some switches can invert there power ...

example: a switch could have positive and negative ... but when its deployed it switches to negative on the positive side and positive on the negative side ... which albeit ... GM or anyone doesn't want us fucking with shit ...

the whole point to anything today is to make sure people don't fuck with shit ... like now a days newer cars have to have a chime module and a new adapter because of a feature in todays cars called "Data Link" or some shit...

amazing thing some switches can invert there power ...

example: a switch could have positive and negative ... but when its deployed it switches to negative on the positive side and positive on the negative side ... which albeit ... GM or anyone doesn't want us fucking with shit ...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

surprised they still allow us to change our own oil, without making it somehow a dealer-only service

surprised they still allow us to change our own oil, without making it somehow a dealer-only service

Don't say that, now they are going to put some special bolt on the pan that needs a $2,000 tool! :lol:

Don't say that, now they are going to put some special bolt on the pan that needs a $2,000 tool! :lol:

who knows, that could be coming already