96 intake swap. Finished!!! :D

99RegalGS

Got it running today. :D I have the throttle cables rigged up for the moment. but other than that everything's done.

I took it out for a test drive and it's still missing under load, so I soaked the fittings for the fuel filter and tomorrow it's getting replaced. Would have done it today but it started raining.

I pushed the cables on the 96 bracket and I tied it on. I'm going to rebend the bracket tomorrow and split the cables like the 96 cables are. I don't have the cruise hooked up now but I want to make a clip so it will work.

:shock: dang! I never knew that the DOHC had a nighmare of pulleys on it like that. I'm kind of glad I don't have one of those! :)

i thought the exact same thing when i saw the picture

For the cruise control--cut the nub off the line and then crimp on a ring terminal that fits over the flare on the TB linkage. Once you do that, you just gotta find a small clip to go over the flare to hold the ring terminal on. 8) (I found a clip that looks to work perfectly at the j/y... it was the clip that holds the other end of the cruise control cable... the part that is attached to the vaccum part)

For the cruise control--cut the nub off the line and then crimp on a ring terminal that fits over the flare on the TB linkage. Once you do that, you just gotta find a small clip to go over the flare to hold the ring terminal on. 8) (I found a clip that looks to work perfectly at the j/y... it was the clip that holds the other end of the cruise control cable... the part that is attached to the vaccum part)

Good Idea. :)

If you have a miss under load, check your spark plugs and wires. I had a cracked plug causing the exact same thing.

Yes, it has to be ignition related. I changed the fuel filter and noticed a slight inprovement but it still was missing and struggling to accelerate. I won't be able to check the plugs for awhile now since I just got done driving it (damn aluminum heads).

I noticed my car acted a tad better with the fuel filter change as well. Beyond the aluminum heads, this engine retains heat for FUCKING ever. I guess it can be a good thing though, slowly cool down so parts dont retract fast from being expanded from the heat. Who knows, but it sucks when you wanna do the plugs:P

No kidding, When I changed my plugs in June I had to wait a few hours to pull them even with the hood up to help cool it.

All I know is I hope it's not the wires, They're mad expensive. At least AC Delco wires. I priced them out awhile ago at the dealer that I worked at and they were around $120!! That's 4 times what my AC Delco Regal wires were. :x

No kidding, When I changed my plugs in June I had to wait a few hours to pull them even with the hood up to help cool it.

A nice big machine shop fan will cut down the time drastically....

Did you use the 96 rear cam cover and spark plug wires?

I used the cam cover but I didn't use the wires. I thought that they would be a little short. Do they work?

I bet.

I bet.

And a small house fan sitting there helps even more :lol:

I cooled my hot ass engine in a half hour. No warpage either, because it was cooled by air.

Did you mount your coils up top like the 96? If so, then the rear spark plug wires will work perfectly... if you didn't, then I have no idea what length would work.

No, I didn't reposition the Coils. I probably should see if the wires fit though.

And a small house fan sitting there helps even more Laughing

I cooled my hot ass engine in a half hour. No warpage either, because it was cooled by air.

I do have a 12" fan for my dorm that I could use. Only thing is my car is parked about 400' from the nearest outlet (the cutlass is about 100' behind my Regal in my sig and the outlet is about 450' to the left of my Tracker).. But my dad has a few extention cords laying around. :)

A half hour is a great cool down time.

Running the fans also helps cool off the front but it does nothing for the plenum. The heads stay hot forever though even with fans. I think it would take an electric water pump to cool off the engine at a decent rate.

Running the fans also helps cool off the front but it does nothing for the plenum. The heads stay hot forever though even with fans. I think it would take an electric water pump to cool off the engine at a decent rate.

We aimed the shop fan to blow under the bumper and up into the engine bay, therefore hitting the block/heads before the top parts of the engine. We used the small fan to cool down the top parts of the engine. Believe me, with a fan that big, it doesn't take long to cool it down enough to safely work on it.