81 replies to this topic

#81 FordMan77

FordMan77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 05 April 2018 - 02:19 AM

I run KYB's and Eibachs on my 00 GT.  Use the motor mount spacers to bring the axle geometry back into stock specs and skip the dogbones.  That being said, I have very little vibration with nothing installed at this point.  I have an axle that's been going bad for a while that is causing it and I know it.  I don't mind the ride.  To me it's much tighter than the factory junk, even with the stock 16's on it right now.  A lowered car is never going to be a plush ride.  It's a trade off for handling/looks.  just depends on what you're willing to put up with.

I hated the 4x4 look once I got everything done so I dropped it. 

I believe that the Vogtland lowering springs only drop about .9" so that could be an alternative to dropping it some and keeping the ride quality you want.

• KnightOwl likes this

These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

#82 KnightOwl

KnightOwl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 07 April 2018 - 10:23 PM

ZZP offers a set of lowering springs on quick struts (KYB) but the whole set is like $800. The product description claim it doesn't lower the car enough to affect suspension geometry, so while a bit pricey, sounds like its the right combo. I'll look at the Vogtland springs because I think the present height of the car is due to sagging springs. Restoring stock spec will probably lift the car and I don't want that.

2002 Grand Prix GT 

"All we know is...its NOT The Stig, but the Stig's fat American Cousin!"

WhiteRavenSig-S.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users