3 replies to this topic

#1 GnatGoSplat

GnatGoSplat

Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,078 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:57 PM

94 3.4L DOHC, the Cannister Purge vacuum plastic line drops behind the engine and goes to a hose that goes under the vacuum booster. It's got a burned crispy spot from where it appears to have been resting either on the exhaust manifold or O2 sensor and it also touches the transaxle shift linkage. Doesn't really look like that's how this hose is supposed to be routed. I've zip-tied it to the evaporator pipes to get it away from the exhaust and gearshift linkage, but was just wondering if anyone knows how it's supposed to be routed and if you happen to have pics?

Shawn

1990 Pontiac Grand Prix Turbo

1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Int'l

1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Int'l

1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Convertible

1999 Chevrolet Silverado

2008 Acura MDX

89CS-windtunnel.jpg

#2 Galaxie500XL

Galaxie500XL

• Contributing Member
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, Tennessee

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:02 PM

mine sits pretty much just above the valve cover, Ill look to see if I have pics. The purge solenoid was the first thing I repaired after buying my car 5 years ago.

94 3.4L DOHC, the Cannister Purge vacuum plastic line drops behind the engine and goes to a hose that goes under the vacuum booster. It's got a burned crispy spot from where it appears to have been resting either on the exhaust manifold or O2 sensor and it also touches the transaxle shift linkage. Doesn't really look like that's how this hose is supposed to be routed. I've zip-tied it to the evaporator pipes to get it away from the exhaust and gearshift linkage, but was just wondering if anyone knows how it's supposed to be routed and if you happen to have pics?

galaxie500xl

1993 LT1 Corvette Coupe

1988 Camaro IROC-Z 5.7 TPI 5-speed

2015 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ

GONE to a new home... 1995 Cutlass DOHC Convertible, 3rd Quarter 2012 W-Body.com COTQ

#3 GnatGoSplat

GnatGoSplat

Executive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,078 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:00 PM

Thanks, I found pics online and I think the rubber hose actually goes over the booster. It seems to make more sense that way the way the CANP metal line is pointed upwards. I've re-routed it and it looks right.

Shawn

1990 Pontiac Grand Prix Turbo

1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Int'l

1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Int'l

1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Convertible

1999 Chevrolet Silverado

2008 Acura MDX

89CS-windtunnel.jpg

#4 Twinpilot001

Twinpilot001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:10 AM

My earlier year cutlass has it higher up afixed to the firewall can even zip tie it up! Caution=if that plastic is melted or bad?? replace it !! it will effect computer!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: burned, engine, pics, shift

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users