full digital cluster

emb1230

I think you guys call them ub3's... anyway, found a 90 Regal Limited at the P&P today that has the full digital cluster, also had the higher end tape deck with the 5 band equalizer, but I don't really want that. Now, that 90 Limited was a column shift car and mine is a console shift...seeing as the gear indicator is also digital, are those cluster interchangeable?

There are two different types of digital clusters, only one is the desired UB3. IIRC the UB3 is the only one with a Tach gauge on it. Ive only ever seen one mounted in a CS(custom mounted) Vert and he has a floor shifter(console?) Its not plug and play though and more than likely you will have to make an adapter.

UB3 is the RPO code from G for the uplevel cluster for any given platform. for 90-93 GPs, it's the difference from having a speedo, coolant temp and fuel guage to having all of those + oil pressure, voltmeter and tach. for cutlasses, much of the same situation, though here there is aslo the option of digital vs analog. regals also had a few options though i'm not very familiar with the.

The digital regal cluster will swap fine, i swapped a column shift full digital cluster into my '91 GS with console shift. The only difference is the PRNDL display which will blink a dozen times or so and then stay lit up because it doesn't get the input from the neutral safety switch. It's possible, however, to make it work with the neutral switch off a console car with the digital dash. I grabbed it out of the car I took my cluster out of but never got around to wiring it up. It's only 4 wires.

Photo-0135.jpg