What to use for rear cam seal???

R Dubya

I've been told to get a gasket, but local dealer said use RTV Ultra Black, which is a good oil sealant? High temp and such.

Is this acceptable? Or should I find a gasket and cut it to fit? Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Must have been to lazy to look it up. I got one about 5 months ago. I would use it along with the same stuff you put on your lower intake. If you need the # let me know and I'll see if I can find it.

Jud

I didn't remove that rear cam cover so I wasnt' sure if there was a gasket.. and I don't want to separate this damn combo again when it's back together.. so there is a gasket? Shit.. here's another delay.. my contact told me no gasket, didn't see one in the pics. That number would be handy and greatly appreciated! Thanks.

If you never took the cover off and it dosen't leak just leave it alone.

Shoot I paid 6.94 from the stealer. :cry:

GM PART # 10065415

CATEGORY: Engine Camshaft & Balancer Shaft Hole Plug

PACK QTY: 1 CORE CHARGE: $0.00

GM LIST: $5.86

OUR PRICE: $3.34

DESCRIPTION: GASKET

Jud

Yeah, new bearings, the whole works. Everything looked good in there besides the cam.. whole new setup getting everything ready to reinstall.. I bought some gasket material and am most likely just going to cut one out and use it on that seal, seeing as I most likely will have to wait a few days to get it from the dealer, I will wait until Monday to install the engine and see if I can get it.