strut tower brace availability

juicedlumina

I did a quick search for a stb on ebay for my lumina, only found one for a 97+ grand prix. Will that work on a 90 lumina? If not are there places that sell them? Ive seen them years ago but have lost all the links. Any help is apreciated.[/img]

I believe it fits. Just have to drill holes through your strut tower covers. I think there are two different ones though for different engines, one bends a bit higher to clear a different plenum or something.. someone else knows more about it I'm sure.

I was able to get a bar from a convertible for $20-something on Ebay. Now my 89, TGP, and 94 all have factory style STB's.

Try to get the convertible bar if you can find it. The bars that came on the earlier 3.1 convertibles is tubular. Although it's a smaller diameter than the 97+ bar, it's much thicker metal and MUCH heavier.

• 3 years later...

I ordered the strut tower brace thats in the picture above for my 2002 GTP.

Any chance it comes with mounting brackets that I don't see in that picture? If not ... I'm screwed even though it's stated that the bar fits 97-03' Grand Prixs.

I ordered the strut tower brace thats in the picture above for my 2002 GTP.

Any chance it comes with mounting brackets that I don't see in that picture? If not ... I'm screwed even though it's stated that the bar fits 97-03' Grand Prixs.

no brackets, but you can buy some from ZZP.

Thanks guys. I thought the shipper lost parts since the description says 2 bars with hardware. Is there an upper bar for the rear? The GMPP site doesn't show one so I am assuming the kit is 2 of these bars, one for top front and one for top rear?

Thanks guys. I thought the shipper lost parts since the description says 2 bars with hardware. Is there an upper bar for the rear? The GMPP site doesn't show one so I am assuming the kit is 2 of these bars, one for top front and one for top rear?

the front and the rear use the same bar. you can get brackets for the rear from don rome, or hell buy both front and rear brackets from him.

http://drcustomparts.com/Prices.htm

His brackets do not allow for the head of the bolt underneath. They're completely flat.

Unless there is a space countersunk within the bracket, are bolts supplied with the brackets and the brackets threaded?