I'm so proud of my engine...

gmrulz4u

Three months ago I changed my 89 Supremes engine oil to Mobil 1 Synthetic. I was a little scared in doing so, due to random complaints about leaks in high mileage engines etc...mine has 110,000 Miles

Well, yesterday, while having my tensioner replaced, I decided to have my oil checked, and it hasn't leaked a single drop!! The level is the EXACT same as it was when I replaced it. I was actually expecting it to be lower! It's strange, because when I was using regular motor oil, I always had to "top it off" like every couple weeks.

So that made me start to wonder how a thinner/slippier oil could cause an engine to STOP leaking? Does that make sense??

:lol2:

110k miles on a Cutty :lol: that engine has berly been broken in, i have 192k miles on my 2.8 but probably will have a head gasket replaced on it but still runs very strong. Dont worry if you take care of it, it will take care of you for ever.

NORBI...keep in mind I stated MILES, not KMs, even though I live in Canada!:) I always assume theirs more Americans than Canadians viewing my messages...

In terms of KMs, I have 200,000

when he sez "110k miles" he doesnt mean kilometers....the letter K next to a number means thousands. so instead of 110,000 its 110k. if it wasnt for computers i dont think anyone would be typing like that, but hey, it works good