Nitrous injection

god910

Definetly leaning away from this one, as my Mongoose is my Nitro toy but thought I would get some input. Two variables need to be thought out. First of all, I was thinking tapping the fogger nozzles into the composite intake on my 3800. One each right above the runner to the cylinder. Neato cover wouldn't fit, but I would have Nitrous plumbing instead. That would look badass. Secondly, if I were to boost 8-16 psi, do you think( I know no one knows for sure) the intake would hold the nozzles in or would the boost blow them right out the side of the intake :dammit: . Ideas to keep them in there. Just some thoughts. Let me know what you think.

Thats a good question. I don't think it will hold unless you can get good threading in there. My suggestion would be to speak to someone at a NOS shop for their advice. Good luck.

I would just get a standard nitrus system. Make sure to get a "WET" setup. that will mix fuel and the NOS together and prevent you from running lean. the standard EFI kit will mix the fuel/NOS into one jet and shoot that into your intake in front of the throttle body. your looking about $500-$600 for that setup.. if your tapping into each intake runner which i don't think you can do on your car anyways, thats called Direct Port Injection. it is only used when running LARGE LARGE LARGE ammounts of NOS..

BTW it is not measured in "PSI" because your adding a chemical to your intake not air pressure. the NOS doesn't become air untill the Nitrus is burnt off during combustion. I would not run larger then a "50 shot" from a wet NOS kit.

A dry kit "Zex" for example is not adding fuel only nitrous. which would cause you to go lean if you shoot to much and you can easly blow your engine. if you do get a dry kit i would only run a ~35 shot on a stock motor if you don't do any fuel upgrades (Fpr, larger injectors, ect..)

RedZ

The "PSI" I was refering to was the boost from the Turbo. Not from the kit. If I "boost" 8-16 psi from my TURBO will the NOS nozzles just rip out of the plenum. Being as it's plastic. That is what I was talking about. I don't want to do a wet manifold system. Only way you will get me to go wet is DPI. Have you ever seen a wet manifold sys. when you throw a code 42 and you have combustion with INT valve open. Not only will you have an int. valve open you will have an intake open and maybe a hood open if NOS is on. The manifold was never designed to have fuel in it. I thought about a T/B plate but with that wacky manifold I can see N20 and fuel puddling near the T/B on a wet man. sys. That is why I want to run a DPI system.

I understand your thoughts on the manifold being a dry manifold, and fuel puddling up. Some of the turbo Mopar guys use cold start fuel injectors before the TB to give additional fuel during boost. And I've never heard of them having a problem with the fuel puddling up and igniting. Also, If you think about it the air velocity will be so high when you're spraying it, the fuel/NOS will never have time to puddle up. On the other hand, a risk of NOS/fuel ignition/backfire is possible on any NOS setup. Addtionally, a plate efi system is WAY easier and cheaper to install and tune than a fogger setup. One nozzle for fuel and one for NOS. Not six of each. NOS can be a pain to tune just right, and only having one nozzle for each certainly helps out. If you later decide that's not enough NOS, you can go to a fogger system.

Either way, it needs to be a "wet" system...weather it's a fogger setup like you want or otherwise. You shouldn't use a "dry efi" system with a turbo because typically a "dry efi" system will also be plumbed in to the FPR. So when the NOS is on, it uses NOS pressure to push on the FPR and that causes the fuel pressure to rise and theres your extra fuel.

With a turbo, the same thing happens when you are on boost. So, you've got a turbo raising the fuel pressure and then you have a NOS system raising the fuel pressure even higher. So when your turbo is pushing on the FPR it raises the fuel pressure to like 65 psi. About 1 psi of fuel pressure for every 1 psi of boost (1:1). So what happens when your NOS wants to raise the fuel pressure more? Your rail pressure is like super high...80 psi. Way higher that you want it to be.

Jason

The best thing to do is shoot 50HP dry with a forced induction. What this will do is give a cooling effect to the intake charge, thus making more HP. What will happen is 50HP N/A= 100HP with a turbo. Don't use the fuel pressure setup, just run it dry. The ECM will compensate for it...just make sure that you have an Air/Fuel ratio gauge and watch it closely. As long as you're not going lean it will be mean :D

I'd say the set-up you should be interested in would be NOS's NOSzle kit. They have it for a Universal 6cyl. and it is a billet injector pocket type sprayer. It fits into your fuel injector pockets and then your stock fuel injectors fit into them. The pockets have two nipples on them where the nitrous AND the fuel lines plumb to. Once again, this is a universal kit and includes all neccessary hardware. Here is a link to the product... http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=111009&prmenbr=361

Here is the actually NOSzle

I25888.gif

Later, John

Also, I wonder how well those "Noszles" direct fuel spray from your injectors? It seems to me like it would be an awesome set-up for nitrous delivery but at the same time, it seems driveability would suffer. I guess we would have to spend $1300 on the kit before we would know for sure.

Later, John