powermaster lll motor spins backwards

SleeperRed90TGp

i am on my second powermaster lll from prior and going to number 3.

my pump builds up pressure just fine and then stops for about 5 seconds then the pump is rotated backwards by the previously created pressure.

no joke! i actually get voltage from the pump. it's now become a mini generator. prior doesen't understand this.

my problem is that my repair manuel doesen't tell me where the check valve to hold the pressure is. (i don't think gm wanted us to work on these units) if anybody has a picture or can describe which plug on this never ending maze of plugs is the correct one it would be appreciated.

i would prefer to repair this one rather than go through a forth one.

WOW ! Sorry Prior isn't doing so hot on this one.

The check valve is the plug in the pump housing. Its actually about 3 or 4 inches long. Definitely sounds like where you are having trouble. Could be the seal around the valve, not neccesarily a bad valve.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Chris for the confirmation regarding the check valve. I got another unit from Prior a couple of days ago hope this one lasts. When I get the old unit out I'll see if i can determin what part of the valve is bad.