Project Teaser Pics

Justin

I had actually thought of the orange, burnt or bright orange, but then after I saw 1ofakind's orange custom cutlass I decided against it. It's not that I don't like that car, I love it, but it's been done. And I really miss my old CS, so this will be like getting it back I guess.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Justin

• musthavemuzk

• Brian P

• KING JOKER

Euro4door

pardon my french, but if nothing was done after pic #1 then the outline of the high spots will be visible with the top/clear coat. But I haven't painted 3 cars already so what do I know :roll:

First I rolled it around in the dirt, then applied the metal shavings. Yeah it was sanded with....180 I think.

Edit: The shiny spots were actually small dents that had to be filled. It was a pretty straight car though.

haha, after I see it in person. I have to get the paint tomorrow, then get er done this weekend. Then the reassembly starts. Hopefully I can get enough together to take some good pics. I'm sure once I start the reassembly I won't be able to stop.

By the way, the fancy overspray plastics are from the local high school, their leftover prom stuff. Pretty spiffy, eh? Eagle eyes will notice the extra Cutlass hoods and the 2.8 laying about as well.

No, no no! No purple! The purple hue in the last picture is a reflection of the plastic on the bumper, and it'll be medium sapphire blue when all is said and done.

i myslef am partial to black. looks good on anyday rain or shine and looks great with a fresh coat of wax

Go with the dark saphire blue, black sucks on a hot day.....

i myslef am partial to black. looks good on anyday rain or shine and looks great with a fresh coat of wax

i am with you on black. my fav car color....but if not done right it can show alot of flaws. i can deal with the heat better than the crappy paint job.

Monty

White is the UBER color of the Cutlass Supreme. =)

Hope you dont paint the bumper covers with the exact same concoction as what was sprayed on the metal.

well its your pretty penny thats paying for the paint job... but, ever thought bout a nice red color? and get some nice rims for it? and ... all the other nice shit? heh

White is the UBER color of the Cutlass Supreme. =)

Hope you dont paint the bumper covers with the exact same concoction as what was sprayed on the metal.

bah white cutty's own :nana:

man that last pic i could have sworn that was a painted purple. Wierd what light does to colors.

Im partial to gold Lumina Euros myself...

How much does it cost to get a car painted?

depends on how nice you want the car to look when it's done, and how long you want the finish to last

you can get a $200 special at macco, but i'll bet it will look like $200 and won't hold up. or, you can spend a couple grand for a quality job

• 3 weeks later...

Well it's pretty much done, I still need to install the drivers door ground effects and do some wet sanding and buffing, but you can get an idea of what it looks like I guess.

212886_29.jpg

212886_30.jpg

212886_28.jpg

wow, very nice color combo. It looked odd at first with all the mismatching colors but now its streamline and very nice. Also it doesnt seem to be a stock color combo, as in the red/silver is more common. :thumbsup: