• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Justin

• musthavemuzk

• Brian P

• KING JOKER

Well I didn't really black them out, they're just sitting on the bench in our shop. Yes it's finally getting painted, as we speak it's hopefully being sanded. In the next week or so I should have some more pics up, it's going to look sweet.

Yeah, the Cutty is definitely more than meets the eye. I talked to the guy that's painting it, I guess he's got the roof and trunklid down to metal, I can't wait to see it and I'll have pics up asap.

Well I finally got to see it in bare metal, he used that aircraft paint stripper that curdles the paint, it's so weird to hear paint come off the metal. I've got all the ground effects off and the bumpers are laying on the ground. I took lots of pics, but the software to get them is on my computer in town, so it'll be sunday at the earliest before I get them up. By then I should have some primered pics too, I'm getting pretty excited. I think I'm 99% sure I'm going with the medium sapphire blue, but who knows. I had some issues with the front bumper, the base and int. series honeycomb pieces are different, and since my int series one was damaged I had to modify the base bumper to accept the Int. Series cover. I think I'm going to use that aircraft stripper on my Int. Series rims to go Pace Car style on your asses. I guess that's tonight's update if anyone cares, it's optimus prime no more.

snap crackle pop? LOL

Glad to hear about it. What kind of primer are they using? Also that difference between the base and Intl bumper absorption grid is negligible, I didn't have any issues with it on my '90.

It's a factory color, there's quite a few base model and SL sapphire blue CS's running around, mostly 88-91. My first CS was sapphire blue, and I wrecked it soon after I had it painted, so I'm just now getting back to where I messed up before.