• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• test4echo

• sl3196

• john99gtp

• mfewtrail

hehe, never mind, drove 20 miles to a friends house, stayed there a while, and started her back up, and it was gone :)

gotta love that cleaner, works very well, hardest part was trying to figure out how to get the liquid in while keeping the revs high enough so it doesnt choke itself to death.

smoked like a bastard too

John

on the 2.8/3.1, use the vacuum line that goes to the FPR. Its small enough to suck it in slowly yet not so small or weak of vacuum to not stall the engine. You want it to stall whe the can is about empty and let the engine sit for 10 minutes. You also want the engine warmed up before you start so the heat will help it react with the carbon deposits.

If you did this and it didnt make a huge difference, your engine was either running VERY well, has been done recently, or you did it wrong.

To minimize gunk from accumulating in the intake manifold and other parts of the engine, try using a "PCV Catch Can". Search the web for that keyword "PCV Catch Can". It is similar to the air/oil filter found on the air compressor.

hehe, never mind, drove 20 miles to a friends house, stayed there a while, and started her back up, and it was gone :)

gotta love that cleaner, works very well, hardest part was trying to figure out how to get the liquid in while keeping the revs high enough so it doesnt choke itself to death.

smoked like a bastard too

John

Have you checked your plugs? I've heard if they can foul from doing this.

i was thinking about doing this to my car since it has been running alrite not the best lately, and it feels sluggish...which vacuum line should i use for my 3100 and since im pretty stupid about this..i need to know all you gotta do is put the hose in the can and let it suck it in?? any help would be appreciated

Just a few pics to help us out.

Could someone point out which vac hose to use?

This pic shows the PVC Hose, and the the vaccum hose directly under it.

PVC.jpg

Second Pic is the product itself.

cleens.jpg

3rd pic is just my new filter

ractive%20filter.jpg

If anyone would like Higher quality Pics of the 3.4 let me know I'll post them on a website.

test,

Just to confirm,

On the 3.4L DOHC, this is where the brake booster is and the hose that goes to the back of the Plenum

Use this for the GM Cleens.

Brake Booster Vaccum At booster:

booster2.jpg

This is where it connects the back of the plenum.

booster.jpg

Well there you go.

Thanks,

Same thing dumb ass.....

Canada vs America labels.

And I thought someone had something constructive to say....

Oh well.....

I tried.

test,

dumbass, eh? The :wink: emoticon usually signifies that someone is joking. By the way, the hose pictured w/ "canada" written on it is in fact the brake booster hose. Pull it off the end where the brake booster is and simply allow the cleaner to be sucked in at a slow/steady rate.

good luck trying to make the engine not stall, it was a PITA on my 3.1

on the 3800, it wasnt so bad, it took it nice and slow, but it was a PITA to try and get the fluid in while making sure not to drop any on the SC while making sure the RPMs were kept high.....was a chore :)

John

Wow,

that brake booster really does have quite a vacucum!!!!

I had my 13 year old kid put his thumb over it for me while I Kept it from stalling...He was like "Dad, my thumb hurts!!!" Hehehe

It was so funny.....

Poor kid.

But, that "Cleens" works awsome I tell ya.

Noticed a HUGE difference.

Now go do it.

test,

Wow,

that brake booster really does have quite a vacucum!!!!

I had my 13 year old kid put his thumb over it for me while I Kept it from stalling...He was like "Dad, my thumb hurts!!!" Hehehe

It was so funny.....

Poor kid.

But, that "Cleens" works awsome I tell ya.

Noticed a HUGE difference.

Now go do it.

test,

yep, it is powerful

my lumina would not run with it, i had to create some resistance for it to work.

poor kid, good job :lol:

big difference eh :)

same here, i love that stuff

John

It was so funny...

test,

:lol: You sound like my dad way back in the day.

Yea, he did an awesome job helpin me out.

I ended up using a used up Polmolive dish soap container.

It worked fantastic. Perfect size opening for the Brake booster vaccum line and I could control the flow easily.

I put in a bit, while my son kept it from stalling, and then we switched.

The look of concern of his face , and the way he screamed "Dad My Thumb!" just had me rollin in the car.

I ended up stalling it cause I couldn't keep my foot on the gas....

The words of warrning about large clouds of smoke are very true.

Although mine seemed to be very short lived, I did nevertheless have some pretty damn big (neighbourhood covering) clouds of white smoke.

Happened for only a brief 2 minutes or so, then went away.

All in all a great result.

Still won't pass an e-test but, sure "feels" good to drive.

test,

I did this today.. smoked like a SOB, but I notice absolutely NO difference.

you'll probably notice in gas mileage then.

my gas mileage jumped when I did it, and idle was a whole lot better too

John

I did this today.. smoked like a SOB, but I notice absolutely NO difference.

Well, like someone here said, It could be that your engine was in pretty damn good shape before you used it.

I'll have to admit, up until a month ago, I wasn't very good to my Z34, and I paid a heavy repair tag for it.

That was the last staw, I now am learning everything I can about this engine and going to attempt to fix everything myself from here on out.

I have now become (surprisingly) kind of obsessed and addicted to working on my car.

I just love it. Now I'm fixing things that don't need to be fixed, in an attempt to tweak everything. Even my hoses and light bulbs aren't safe from me....lol

Anyhow, thats why I noticed a Huge difference in my engine after using Top Engine Cleaner.

It was lack of care ( and age ) it does have 184,000KM's on it.

test,

i wanted to do this to my car and was wondering what vacuum hose i should use for my 3100...and pretty much full directions how to do this since im pretty new to all the engine stuff.