mantapart

cryptnix

Sports Camshaft: Nice power increase without need for costly computer changes. Kit comes with cam, lube & new 12 HD lifters for '87-'94 2.8/3.1 V6 engines

OP 1149V $150.00

OP 1149S Roller Profile- Cam Only, For '94 & Up 3100 & 3400 SFI Engines $175.00

or

OP 1153V Sports Roller Tip Rocker Arms: Add these special steel roller tip rocker arms & studs for a nice power gain. Extra valve lift ratio and less friction gives a nice power gain without internal mods. Set of 12 rocker arms, balls, nuts and new studs.

OP 1153V $200.00

How much of a difference would this make? :-D How much can you get out of a heavily modified 3100?

I had one order with them, I called them directly, spoke with someone, gave my credit card, and had my engine within' 3 weeks (paid for the SLOWEST shipping)

--Dave.

Thanks but that didn't answer my question ...

These mods, are they worth investing in? How much of a difference (HP wise) would it make?

Just curious! :-D

It just seems like everytime I think about it ... its just seems like a long ass process ... i've been talking to someone about buying there project car. cause i want to own a sleeper ... don't ask me why ... and if i can get away without having to do it myself it'd be kind of nice but then again ... i keep second guessing ...

not wanting todo it one week then the next wanting too ...

sad thing is i already have alot of parts for my swap ... :P so theres no turning back now ... almost to the trans and motor ... :-D then its time ...

just money isn't coming in as fast as i need it too

:?:

Don't mind me.......Y'know........ignorant!!!

What in the hell is an L67???? I gather it's a V6 but I'm interested in getting some info for my Cutlass Project. The engine is out and waiting for a rebuild or the punt. Looking for engine and trans. options

You're not trendy until you wear all-white sneakers and refer to everything by GM's option code on w-body.com and when no code exists (or you forgot) just abbreviate it. The less non-trendy people know, the cooler you are.

:roll:

Anyway. That code of which has spoken is the engine code for the non-intercooled 3800 V6 supercharged

What are the specs on the roller camshaft?

agree'd .... :P

just wanted to know one thing (two things)! :-D

Anyway ...

it'll get a l67 ... i just thought i'd give the 3100 an old mod or two ...

Guest TurboSedan

just my opinion, but i wouldn't do any mods to a pushrod 60 degree V6 - forced induction seems to be the way to go. i doubt a cam alone will do much. i'd either add a turbocharger and keep the stock cam, or just swap to an L67 or even an older LG5 or maybe even an LA1 and mod that instead of the L82. i'm so trendy :wink: