wheel squeaking

Lumina_z34

Latly my front wheel drivers side wheel has been squeaking alot wile driving. I think it may just need to be greased.

can any one tell me where all the grease zerks are on a 93 Z34 and if i may have damaged any barings or any thing driving it like this?

could be anything from a shock, balljoint, hub....

need more details, do u hear it when driving, pressing up and down on the car, if u have the tire in the air, can u wiggle it up and down or left and right?

-Jeff

"Squeaking" you say? First thing I'd check if I heard squeaking would be the brake pads. But yeah, if it isn't the brakes it could be a bearing or the rubber boot that goes around the coil spring could be worn out. The bearing assemblies on GM FWD cars are non-servicable (no zerks), so you'd have to replace the whole unit if it was bad...

Guest RedCutlassSL

i'm having a similar problem. except i think its brakes, when i hit the brakes, i can hear a loud knock, and then a dragging sound, its from the drivers side front tire

Caliper stand bolt, or caliper bolt came loose. You would think that nastyazz T-60 bolt wouldn't come loose on it's own (Since it usually doesn't come loose when you WANT it to. :lol: ) But when I took sunshine apart to fix the wheel bearing, the lower bolt was only held in by about 2 threads. 2 pot-holes and it would have been out. :shock:

i found out what is was wrong the tab on the pad that rubs the rotot when the pad is warn down was bent way in and was scraping when there is still 75% of the pad left. i just bent it back out and its all good now :D