mounting my Addco rear bar

Guest TurboSedan

HEHEHEH you did!!!! I want it back now!!!!!! lololol. Yes you do have to drill your frame like you mentioned, as the u-bolt does go through the frame like you mention. I suggest spacing the mounts away from the frame with washers, because if they are snug up against the frame your bar will squeak and grind against your exhaust. - Tom

malibuolds...

Is this bar interchangable with the TGP? What is the diameter of the bar? I need to find something a bit stronger than the piece of tin that is presently the TGP sway-bar... 8)

It should fit a TGP. I have one on my Cutty!

I used the Addco outer clamps and bushings, but used the OEM inner links with 96 Monte Carlo bushings. It fits fine. I wanted to try using 96 Monte Carlo outer bushings with the factory outer clamps since they are higher quality hardware than Addco supplies, but it looked like that would have spaced the sway bar in too far and might touch the rear subframe.

It goes parallel with the frame so that it sticks down through it. Then you bolt up the hangar mounts to that U-Bolt. I basically makes it as if you had the bolts sticking out of your frame to mount a swaybar. Dont forget to space out the hangar mounts from the frame with washers though....

if you still cant make it lemme know and i'll take a pic of my set up

follow superbuick's advice and put lotsa washers..even so sometimes i still hear the swaybar heating the exaust pipe..grrrr

If someone has an installed Addco rear bar and could take a picture of the proper installation, it would be very helpful for me as I am getting ready to buy one for my TGP. I can look and see if things are similar enough to do it... 8)

No Time to talk about your car.......don't sound like a car guy to me!!!! ;)

I like doing stuff not talking about it over and over again and i also like people who put their mind to something and actually do it.

So if that makes me less of a car guy it makes u more of it!?

No Time to talk about your car.......don't sound like a car guy to me!!!! ;)

I like doing stuff not talking about it over and over again and i also like people who put their mind to something and actually do it.

Maybe if you wrote down what you talk about, you wouldn't have to talk about it over and over again. :read:

okiderak wrote:

Whats to say I just sit and talk, or that I don't put my mind to things and do them? All I was saying is that I liked your car, and rather than talking about it or telling me a bit about it, you tell me you don't have time to do so. If that's the case, then I don't care to know. You sound like the kind of guy who goes to a car show and gets irritated when people ask you questions. That is of course unless going to a car show is wasting your time from whatever else you do....

I don't mean to have an attitude, as most of the guys on the board can tell you, I'm a nice person who really likes W-Bodies. Perhaps I misconstrued your remarks as more seriously than you meant them?? Either way, I'm sorry to ask you to waste your time, I thought perhaps I and others could benefit from your knowledge or ideas on the engine swap...but I guess not. Not to worry though, I will accomplish it with the help of others, and then I will talk about it all the time.[/b]