LQ1 Breakdown

WhiteOut

No, my LQ1 isn't broken. At least not for now...but reading that article posted by Heza got me thinking;

What exactly is the differance between the 91/92, 93-95, and 96/97 engines? The article specifically mentions that many of the ports and valves are larger on the 96/97 but it doesn't say by how much or really mention any specifics. Is there really that big of a differance between the engines???

The valves are allthe same size, but the exhaust valves have a different head on the 96/97. The intake ports on the heads are identical for all years, but the intake manifolds are larger on the 96/97. Exhaust is different shaped as well.

http://www.60degreev6.com/index.php?p=pages&pid=149

The cams have different timing in 96, and the use smaller lifters but im not sure on their weight or design since I havent had a lifter to look at yet.

The cams have different timing in 96, and the use smaller lifters but im not sure on their weight or design since I havent had a lifter to look at yet.

:? Do you think I could safely do a 13* without danger? Any way of finding out?

I wouldnt do 13 degrees on a 96. I forget the exact spec now but its 3 degrees diff on one cam and 4 on the other. The specs are on the 60V6 site if you wanna look at it and figure it up. Im about to go to sleep.