wiring a 88-93 DIC

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Does anyone know if it is possible to wire the DIC with the color screen and compas from an 88-93 GP into a 94-96? Has it been done? It would look pretty cool.

000_0054.JPG

Didn't work the best. I didn't put a whole lot of effort and research into it, but most of the functions didn't work. The compass and average speed worked, nothing else did.

DIC Installation

You'll Need:

Driver Information Center

DIC Harness

Various Tools

Step One

c200.jpg

Gain Access to your C200. This is the firewall wiring connector for most things inside the vehicle. Note that 94+'s are slightly different regarding gaining access to the C200, but everything else is essentially the same.

Step Two

gloveboxout.jpg

Using a Torx bit, unscrew the brass bolt in the middle of the C200. Pull it toward you. This may take some force, and the locks and belt pretentioners (coupes only) may cycle. Once it's pulled apart, Feed the C200 end of the harness into the clip on the far side of the C200 block (Slot A, I believe).

Step Three

diccomplete.jpg

Put the C200 back together and turn the key to "Run". The DIC should come on, and for a second all the icons should light up. "CK. FUEL" will be displayed for a short while, then the DIC will resume normal operation.

If you need any more detailed help, feel free to E-mail me or Dave.

Me: shaun@digitaloutsider.org

Dave: Gearhead43@prodigy.net

Yes. The C200 portion for the DIC didn't change. That's theoretically anyway. I've heard of people using the 88-93 DIC harness.

Damn... kinda makes me wish I didn't sell the DIC I had.

I still have the DIC from my GP, except I couldn't figure out how the fuck to get the harness out :oops: I didn't know I could take the C200 out like that and just unsnap it... I had wires going everywhere from my DIC.. it looked horrible. Looks like I'm going to the junkyard again soon.... :lol:

Guest Anonymous

Sounds simple, I hope... that c200 thing is like under the glovebox, correct? I put in a HUD, so how does this compare? Also, I will need to put this somewhere in the dash... Im thinking below the AC controls... I guess its just kinda going to have to sit there since there was no cubby?

does anyone have idea if the wiring would be similar in the 95-97 cuttys??? I might be getting a console with a DIC from a TGP if it will physically fit, then I would have to worry about the wiring... :?

Guest Anonymous

If the same wires go to my current DIC harness which remains unused, could I not pull that harness around to by the shifter and just splice the wires into the older DIC harness? It would be much simpler than digging around for that damn C200 thing...

I still have yet to solve the question on how exactly I plan to fit this into the dash... Its probably going to look like junk :( Any advice??

Guest Anonymous

I just found my C200 and did some investigation. Its appears that in 94-96 GP's, the HUD and DIC wires must splice together somewhere becuase thier wire bundle goes into ONE connection, so there arent two separate connections for HUD and DIC, which is rather upsetting news. Is this in inaccurate observation? should the HUD be elsewhere?

Any ideas as to fitting it into the console? Im desparate for help, the entire project is falling apart at the seems :-(

No Ross,

I would use the entire 88-93 DIC harness...You would NOT have to cut ANY wires at all...You plug it into the C200 port, route the harness as shown on the Harness diagram on my site and then plug in the connectorinto the DIC..

No Cutting wires...

FYI, the 94-96 GP use a serial data bus to the 94-96 DIC.. So it would not work right.

Guest Anonymous

ahhhh,

Thanks Dave! I breathe a sigh of releif. The one guy from before spliced into his 94-96 wires, I beleive, so that may explain why only teh compass and the avg. speed worked correctly. Moreover, I would assume that those wires plugged into that far right spot are just the prewiring for my non-existant DIC, so I could just pull them out and let them be, and plug the 88-93 wires in... Tomorrow I will try and take a picture of my c200 for comparison...

Should the 94-96 prewired DIC wires be in the 88-93's spot on the c200?

Guest Anonymous

someone PLEASE find me a harness, I will pay top dollar for one since my aunction was only for the DIC unit (it said it "is complete with the control module under the dasboard") what ever the hell that means! So i have the unit and no harness.... PLEASE FIND ONE, ANYONE!

-Ross

• 3 weeks later...