Hydrogen powered = HP increase

camkos10101

check out this site. it has instructins on how to make a home made hydrogen producer and make ur engine partially run off of it. it claims to increase milage and HP. i would try it but the water woudl freeze up here in canada, so one of u southerners may want to give it a try and report back with the results

http://www.fortunecity.com/greenfield/bp/16/hboost.htm

Where abouts in canada?? east or west??

That sure seems to far fetched!! i don't think for the amount of work it takes and the savings you'll see will be that much. 2 thumbs down in my opinion.

I have heard talk of this to improve the amount of energy of the combustion , but will they produce cars with this in the future? Maybe

It would probably require huge electrodes and a great amount of power to generate enough hydrogen to make any difference.

Plus, you'd constantly have to replace your sacrificial anode and clean out the tank. Doesn't seem worthwhile. Too high maintennance IMO.

I'm from central canada (saskatchewan) ..... COLD winters. I do happen to think that this will work. if u read the whole thing he says that he has one on his dads car so ya. come summer (may-august) i will give this a shot, but untill then its a no go for me. i figure that even tho it is high maitenance i will still try it. if it can give me 50 mpg on the highway im willng to put 10 mins into it every couple weeks

Real interesting stuff but you have to know what you're doing when it comes to hydrogen. Toward the bottom there are some important things buried there, like the need to adjust ignition timing (with our cars it is even more complicated with variable timing), also the normal unleaded fuel is not exactly well suited for this application, too many additives in there that are counterproductive. I don't doubt the mileage numbers they are quoting, it sounds doable, but like everyone else i'm suspicious about maintenance.