alanbshort

what so called cheap mods are there for the 3.1's. ive got a 91 lumina euro w/ the 3.1 and i would like to pull out a little more power out of it. im still in school so i dont have a lot of $$$.

Welcome to the board ... Theres not much out there for out engine.. Get a k&N cone filter and make a cold air intake.. an under drive pully will run about 100 bucks i think. remove some weight is another you can do.. take out ac compressor if you can and remove any nut and bolt that you dont need..

Welcome to the board

ryan

it will increase air flow out of the engine, but you will be screwed when emmisions testing comes around.....

there really isnt much difference between a stock cat and a hi flow cat, so if u go with a flowmaster muffler, or a magnaflow, you should see a small increase and noticible sound difference....

does anybody know if gutting my catylitic converter and replacing my stock muffler with a glasspack will sound good. will it improve perfomance?

Cat or no cat has been argued over here for a little while now. I personally don't beleive it is good to gut/remove it (back pressure issue), but whatever. It will however, sound more raspy. You are best to just get some Flowmaster mufflers or something. The only real way to improve performance would be new pipes with good bends for a better flow.

it hard to gut the cat bc its welded in and the S-pipe issue...... best bet screw ground clearance. cut out the S-pipe and put a high flow cat inline and a flowmaster muffler........ mine has a hi flow and 2 40 serise flows and it sounds MEAN.......

it hard to gut the cat bc its welded in and the S-pipe issue...... best bet screw ground clearance. cut out the S-pipe and put a high flow cat inline and a flowmaster muffler........ mine has a hi flow and 2 40 serise flows and it sounds MEAN.......

40 series flows DO sound MEAN on 60*V6's

like i posted in another thread, don't flame me, i haven't offended anyone here either

ive removed cats on several vehicles with 3.1L and also 2.3L and it has never caused any negative issue at all with how the car runs, the last one we did this on was a 94 grand am 3100 last week. will be doing it to a 92 s-10 4.3L and the 92 cutty sl 3.1 soon too cant wait

good luck

Ive heard that it makes the car sound like ass.. Oh well.. I may be able to gut it as I have a Resinator on my 94 GP Dual setup :P