Supercharged 3800 Series II Gas

91GranSport

Well, I have a 98 GTP with the supercharged 3.8 and I can tell you that if you put minimum ocatane in it, it WILL ping and knock bad. I can run mid-grade in mine without it giving me any fuss. Hope this helps.

BTW: I only run Chevron gas in my vehicles.

Aaron

Thanks for the info. I only use Petro-Canada with non-ethanol in my vehicle. I may be dropping a Supercharged 3800 Series II in the engine bay sometime in the spring to replace the 3800 TPI. The old 3800 TPI only has 180,000km on it but I want a lot more power. Of course I'd drop in a matching 4T65-E/HD to go along with it. My original 4T60 is fine but I don't think it'll handle the torque.

NO!

thats why GM made the 4t65e...........

1997-1998 GTP came with a 4T60-E.

It will fail before the 45-e HD but eather way once you start modding you better expect it to fail sooner or later.

RedZ

NO!

It will fail before the 45-e HD but eather way once you start modding you better expect it to fail sooner or later.

RedZ

That's weird. My 98 GTP has the 4T65-E. Maybe after a certain month in 98 it got that tranny. I know my Euro has the 4T60-E.

Aaron

NO!

RedZ

That's weird. My 98 GTP has the 4T65-E. Maybe after a certain month in 98 it got that tranny. I know my Euro has the 4T60-E.

Aaron

Correct. they switched over early 1998 to the 65-e HD. but a few that where perduced EARLY EARLY '98 had a 4T60.. Its kind of funny because the Monte carlo Z34's got a 65-e in 1997 LMAO! and it didn't even get supercharged (Still hating gm for that)

RedZ