Spark Plugs

93 Grand Prix

Wuz crack-a-lackin',

I'm back. Good to see most uf us together again. Everythang's still the same, I guaduated from high school, and now attending college. Car's runnin ok,but...

I need new spark plugs and wires, but I am not sure what kind to get. What's everyone's opinion.

Halla back at me

~93 GP~

(Best damn lookin' LE)

First off I must say I really like this set up more than the other set up. It's less likely to attract unwanted members who post spam. Anyways, I'd recommend Delco Rapidfires. They're a tad bit expensive but they're pretty good. Right now I have regular Delco copper plugs. I took my plugs out last week and they're still looking good after 30,000km. I'll probably replace the wires next spring though. From what I hear Bosch platinum spark plugs don't mix well with GM engines. I haven't heard much about Iridium spark plugs, and I probably wouldn't buy them until more people use them and we get more feedback. They're too damn expensive anyways.

I use stock Delco coppers with Magnecor 8mm silicon wires.

Seems fine for now.

Oh, except I kept shattering plug#2 because of a "helicoil" problem.

And although I hate to do this, plug#2 now has a "Bosch Super" 99 cent plug :oops: , someone remind me to pick up a delco for that before something strange happens because of the inferior bosch technology :wink: .

Anyways, I'm out

-MaD-

• 2 weeks later...

I have put 50,000 Miles on a set of bosch platinum +4's with no problem, although, like everyone says, they aren't supposed to mix with gm, and they are pretty pricey for spark spitters.

I changed my spark plugs and wires right at a year ago. I put maybe 3,000 miles on the Bosch Platinum Plugs and then my car started to run real funny. Everytime I would try to accelerate the car would start to shudder. I took it to 3 differant shops and they all said that before they would work on it, they suggested to change the plugs. I told all of them that I had just changed them the month before and that there was no way that was the problem.

Finally the last shop told me to get the AC Delco brand and nothing else. I knew the last guy and would do just about anything he told me. The next day I picked up the AC Delco and installed them. My car ran perfect. My dad noticed a major differance in starting his car when I told him to put the AC Delco in his Bonneville instead of the Bosch Platinums. Maybe I just got unlucky, as with most of my car, but that ruined my thoughts of ever going with Bosch

Bosch Platinums should NOT be used on any car with a waste-spark ignition, as 3 of the plugs fire in reverse.

I read something on the web that Bosch has even admitted that their plugs should not be used on a waste-spark ignition.

They would be fine on a car with coil-on-plug or distributor ignition.

i too put the ACdelco in mine right after i bought it.

wanted the rapid fires, but could not find any when i had the time and money to do it.

been told that if you do rapid fires go with the #6 one.

for now lifetime warenteed wires from bumper to bumper part place.

gonna change them to something else when the time comes, but for now they work fine.

Monty

I just bought some platinum plugs for my truck (OEM) and they have a 4x larger platinum tip on the center electrode than Bosch, and also a platinum area on the side electrode. It looks like they should work well on vehicles with a waste-spark ignition. If you want a platinum plug for some reason, I think AC Delco platinums should work well. They are price mofo's though. $7/each ($5 with my friend's discount).

Guest Anonymous

Has anyone tried iridium plugs? I'm thinking of getting them for my TGP but I'll have to drive lioke 50 miles to get them and they are a bit pricey from what I hear.