New Mufflers, any recommendations?

SantaCruzTGP

I'm VERY picky when it comes to audio recordings. If I intend to make it for others to listen to for making decisions of their own, then I will make it high quality. I can't stand low quality recordings of anything, it's annoying, and it defeats the purpose of making the recording in the first place.

I used a simple desktop computer microphone, a laptop, and the software, SoundForge 6. In the first part of the recording the microphone was sitting 6 feet from the back of the car. Second part of the recording was made with the microphone sitting on the hood of the Samurai, as I pulled out of the driveway and backed up to the microphone.

Yeah Luke, I know all about your love for sound/electronics. :lol: The mic is the ONE thing I am MOST worried about. By "simple" do you mean, I would be okay if I went to radio shack to buy a mic? I don't have anything at all, and I want to be able to make files N whatnot. Are you happy w/ that software or would you suggest something better? I have a Creative LIVE 5.1 surround card, and I have never been able to get sound into the computer. The only thing I have is a crappy (but it works for my gaming) headset w/ a mic built in. (I use a Creative 5100 5.1 system and my 27" flat TV to game when the boy's not asleep. :twisted:) So I wonder if it's the mic built in that won't work. TIA.

Yea, it's just a basic, cheapo desktop microphone.

Soundforge is the best sound editing software I've ever used. It allowed me the ability to save the recorded file directly to MP3 format. Really easy to use. If you want it, I can see if I still have the downloaded file.

Yea, it's just a basic, cheapo desktop microphone.

Soundforge is the best sound editing software I've ever used. It allowed me the ability to save the recorded file directly to MP3 format. Really easy to use. If you want it, I can see if I still have the downloaded file.

i would be interersted in that program as well, if you could make it avaiable i would be very thankful!

You could also use a digicam and record the sound, then transfer the sound clip to your hard drive. Most digicams are equipped with a voice recorder. My Canon Digital Camera has a Recording feature that allows voice recording. The quality isn't so bad.