what should i do

johngs

ive decided to put a l67 in my car the turbo just isnt making power so what do you guys think i should do with the 3.1 turbo motor thinking about puting it in a fiero that should make a mid 14 car i hope what do you guys think i should do. i might just sell it, ill need new tires all the time when i get the l67 in. :)

so what should i do with it

I, like usual, Agree with Davis. Dont yank the 3.1 vin V motor, if ya dont like the car and ya dont wanna build on it, sell the TGP as is and get an l67 car. an L67 wont drop into a TGP without some modifications and honestly, the boat anchor l67 doesnt belong in a TGP. If you want help building that 3.1 to really screw, just ask.

-Jeff

the tgp body is lighter plus i want a car that i can drop a motor in and not worry about banging it up if i hurt anything i can go to a junk yard and get parts the 90 models are every where and plus the l67 guys are going in 12's easy and that with a cars that weigh 3600 pounds so i would hardly call that a anchor remember a anchor is something that keeps you from moving and so far thats what the turbo motor has done. IMO

If you're only looking for mid 14's..then damn man, do some maintenance on your car and spend a few hundred $'s on it and you're there easily. My car w/ intake, chip, and exhaust(stock x-over) ran a 14.7@91mph(1100 ft above sea level) and still felt like it had a little more in it as it stands now.

who said the TGP is light, damn things are a tank. go pickup a 91+ grand prix, strip it out and L67 it. it will bolt into a 91+ cradle and ya not ruining the life of a TGP. a 14.X can be done on a bone stock 3.1 vin V with a chip and an intake.

-Jeff

no the tgp will easily go 11's if i put the l67 in and do mods to the motor and gut the interior, i want to keep the turbo motor becuase i think their fun to play with besides my tgp only has 76,000 miles on it so i would like to keep the body it still looks nice. i know the turbo motor is capable but its gonna be more capable in a smaller car the grand prix is just to big of a car for a little 3.1

Where are you from? Interested in selling that "little 3.1?" I want to buy a spare sometime in the near future to either buildup for my current TGP or some other car. :wink:

no the tgp will easily go 11's if i put the l67 in and do mods to the motor and gut the interior, i want to keep the turbo motor becuase i think their fun to play with besides my tgp only has 76,000 miles on it so i would like to keep the body it still looks nice. i know the turbo motor is capable but its gonna be more capable in a smaller car the grand prix is just to big of a car for a little 3.1

Easily go 11's....since when has it been considered easy to make ANY car run 11's?

Im more worried about him destroying a TGP than anything else. Keeping the motor around aint gonna help that cause by that time, you wont want to bother to put it back in the Original car. Just a waste to L67 it just cause you want to. Go find a 91 GTP or something, something thats alot more common than a TGP. Whats the ratio of that 1 TGP to every 5000 GTPS? I mean its your car and all, but that dont make it right in my book. Its like watching some of these inner city thugs put hydralics on a old mint condition Impala 2 door convert or coupe... But thats just my 2 cents......

Guest TurboSedan

if you want a fast car, your best bet would be to simply sell your TGP. it is practically impossible to make a TGP fast without major work, and even then, it still won't be that fast.

buy a nice Regal GS and mod it.

If you just want to have a L67 1gen car, IMO the easist would be the 96 Regal with the L36. The engine mounts are already there and the car is setup for OBD II.

why don't you build up the turbo engine and keep it in the TGP, and take the L67 and put that in a Fiero the Fiero is even lighter then the TGP.

--Dave

Dude, if the TGP was wrecked, I'd say go ahead. If you're just going to destroy the damn thing like an idiot, give it to me. There's no need in sending another VIN V to the yard. These cars are RARE. They're not your average Grand Prix, and they're not your average w-body. If you want to be a jackass and drop your precious little L67 in something, BUY SOMETHING ELSE. Don't destroy a TGP for an off the wall idea like this.

Dude, if the TGP was wrecked, I'd say go ahead. If you're just going to destroy the damn thing like an idiot, give it to me. There's no need in sending another VIN V to the yard. These cars are RARE. They're not your average Grand Prix, and they're not your average w-body. If you want to be a jackass and drop your precious little L67 in something, BUY SOMETHING ELSE. Don't destroy a TGP for an off the wall idea like this.

:werd:

I think this assclown HAS to be fuking w/ us. There's no GODDAMN way someone would be serious about this bullshit that's coming out of his mouth. :guns: Yeah, okay, destroy a rare car w/ 76,000 miles, yeah, that's a good idea. Hey asshat, go buy a crotch rocket, those weigh a tad less than a Fiero even, and the slow one's run LOW 12's. No matter what you do, (IF you're not bullshitting us) SELL THE TGP, you don't deserve to own it. :roll:

P.S. You know, I usually don't get this mad, but I'm fighting one w/ TWICE the miles right now, and will be in the 14's tomorrow. So, if this car is slow to you, you need a motorcycle. :lol:

I think this assclown HAS to be fuking w/ us. There's no GODDAMN way someone would be serious about this bullshit that's coming out of his mouth. :guns: Yeah, okay, destroy a rare car w/ 76,000 miles, yeah, that's a good idea. Hey asshat, go buy a crotch rocket, those weigh a tad less than a Fiero even, and the slow one's run LOW 12's. No matter what you do, (IF you're not bullshitting us) SELL THE TGP, you don't deserve to own it. :roll:

P.S. You know, I usually don't get this mad, but I'm fighting one w/ TWICE the miles right now, and will be in the 14's tomorrow. So, if this car is slow to you, you need a motorcycle. :lol:

:werd:

I'm looking for a TGP to buy.. :lol:

Well having just aquired an 89 TGP. I feel like I have to add something here.

From what I read here .. you got a low mile (79K) TGP and you wish to whip it up :?: :shock: :shock: :shock: :( :cry: Do you have any IDEA how rare a TGP is :?: :!: My advise to you would be to sell it to Digtaloutsider and with the $$ get a 91 92 93 or 94-96 GTP and drop the L67 in it/ the wiring for the 94-96 will make the swap a bit easier on ya.

Sell the TGP to someone who will really appericate it. I myself am whacking my brain about what to do with mine since its a Salvage title. If I wish to restore the TGP or throw the LG5 engine into my 89 Showcar.