• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 91oldscutlass

• GnatGoSplat

• godofthunder

• TeeJay3800

Top Posters In This Topic

SVO was Ford back in the 80's. Special Vehicle Operations.

I don't remember any other car made by SVO other than the 80's Turbo Mustang.

The hood is just a stock hood with the vents from an 01+ Grand Prix Special Edition.

ive seen them before it was the white one but it was hurst/olds special edition iknow there isnt a442 but i got stickers made and did the pinstriping and looks a hell of a lot better

shawn..

you ARE correct. He WAS calling that white one a H/O. IT had the logos all over too. Now...what i dont get...is that i didnt think 442's ever had the rod shifters either...like that pic sugesstes.

and yes...442ci is a common misconception.

And malibuolds....is the 80s a 4 speed auto, right? I saw an 86 that i almost got a whiel back, for only $1700...but had a burnt coolant smell.

Im getting to the point now that I think my next car i buy willl be any of the 69-73 or 80s 442s

jon

you know what

i dont remember where I found them...but there were some 1 off 442 Intriuge's, Alero, and even a convert alero. The 442 alero had pink stripes. The intrigue had the famous gold ones.

I remembered when i saw that first pic on the page shawn showed.

jon

Guest TurboSedan

And malibuolds....is the 80s a 4 speed auto, right? I saw an 86 that i almost got a whiel back, for only $1700...but had a burnt coolant smell.

i think they got a TH-2004R 4 speed auto.

shawn..

Now...what i dont get...is that i didnt think 442's ever had the rod shifters either...like that pic sugesstes.

Im getting to the point now that I think my next car i buy willl be any of the 69-73 or 80s 442s

jon

Yeah Hurst Olds Cutlass's had Lightning rod shifters in 83-85 i believe. if not then just 84, cause thats the only year ive seen them in.

I was looking for an 80s 442/80 Monte Carlo SS as my first car. none were cheap enough, or a good car for the money :cry:

but HEY! all turned out well with my W-body!!

If you want to see the SEMA concepts do a search for a thread entitled, "where can i get me one of these" or something along those lines. It was a thread I started about six months ago or so. I think it had links to all of the cars.

talking about rubbing it in..not only does he have one beautiful Cutlass, but 2 of them. My only complaint about the white one is the burgany interior...not a big fan of that.

Guest TurboSedan

Yeah Hurst Olds Cutlass's had Lightning rod shifters in 83-85 i believe. if not then just 84, cause thats the only year ive seen them in.

i think the '83 H/O had a 3-speed auto (350C?), and in '84 the 200-4R debuted? i don't think there was no '85 H/O

That thing is absoultely shameful. Not only did they take a front drive car with an automatic and a 60 degree V6 and call it a 442 but they then proceeded to put one of those hideous stylized rocket oldsmobile logos on it instead of the proper Olds rocket. Then they had the nerve to put a W-30 badge on it. I had a 1969 442 W-30. The 442 did mean "4 speed" "4 barrel" and "2 exhaust" and started originally on the 1964 F-85 cutlass I believe. Late 60's early 70's 442s came with either a 400 or 455 cubic inch big block,4 on the flooe, and big vaccuum operated gaz guzzling rochester carbs. These things were almost in Gallons per mile territory.

I used to drive a 1969 442 until I drove it into a lamp post in May of 1997. That was a sad day for Dr. Oldsmobile but that pittiful example of a "442" is worse. That guy is as bad as those 'Type R' riceboys.

That thing is absoultely shameful. Not only did they take a front drive car with an automatic and a 60 degree V6 and call it a 442 but they then proceeded to put one of those hideous stylized rocket oldsmobile logos on it instead of the proper Olds rocket. Then they had the nerve to put a W-30 badge on it. I had a 1969 442 W-30. The 442 did mean "4 speed" "4 barrel" and "2 exhaust" and started originally on the 1964 F-85 cutlass I believe. Late 60's early 70's 442s came with either a 400 or 455 cubic inch big block,4 on the flooe, and big vaccuum operated gaz guzzling rochester carbs. These things were almost in Gallons per mile territory.

I used to drive a 1969 442 until I drove it into a lamp post in May of 1997. That was a sad day for Dr. Oldsmobile but that pittiful example of a "442" is worse. That guy is as bad as those 'Type R' riceboys.

I agree with most of that. Those "442's" are surely not true 442's in any way.

You had a '69 442 W-30?? Damn, that is my most favorite car ever made; not to mention the fact of how rare the W-30 package is. 390HP/500TQ ROCKET 455 STOCK with a 4-speed.....thats the kind of thing I dream about.

Even my 76 442 isnt true as far as the legandary 442 goes. In 1973 the 442 was the Cutlass S with the 442 appearance and handling package. Meaning that the motor and trans was just like erey other Olds on the market. No 400. 455 was an option that they was still calling the W-30...but wasnt anyway near the legend. My 74 442 was the 455 and was built to run by someone else...not Olds...the 455 stock was still only 290 hp and when the guy that had it before me was done it was probaly 450 hp. Dont really know...he said it was...it ran like it was...but no dyno slip.