Guardrails are bad

18incholdz

I turned a corner about an hour ago and the back end of my car just came around and before i knew it i was sideways and smashed into the guardrail...Well i fucked up my hood and pushed the bumper back in and i think i dented my fender..... :cry: :cry: But thats only the bad news....for the good news is that i'm gettin it fixed faster than i had planned....I planned on getting the stone chips on the fenders, bumper and hood fixed in the spring, but this little mishap just gives me an excuse to get em all fixed now...and then i'm puttin my car in storage so i can't fuck it up no more on these damn new york roads! :D

Yeah, what the hell? A W-Body is FWD and it's a damn heavy car, not to mention very safe and crashworth when compared to other cars out there. Store the F-Body in the winter and drive the W-Body instead!

need a hood? Not sure what year you have but Peep this:

http://www.usbody.com/78-96%20Cutlass.htm

1988-91

CTH-91.gif

CTH-91I.gif

1992-96

CTH-96.gif

CTH-96C.gif

3" Dominator Hood

H/D Features:

- Dominator design. (2.5" Clearance)

TECHHOODâ„¢ design.

- 90 edges on both sides help to maintain fender

contours.

- Full inner frames - utilizes OEM hinge & latch.

- Fully lined - smooth gellcoated inner.

- Sandable gray gellcoated exterior finish.

- Coremat® reinforced skin reduces "print thru".

- Scoop and Inner liner come closed.

Yeah, what the hell? A W-Body is FWD and it's a damn heavy car, not to mention very safe and crashworth when compared to other cars out there. Store the F-Body in the winter and drive the W-Body instead!

I'd store the F-body in the nearest scrapyard, thost cars suck. fooking pimpmobiles

I'd store the F-body in the nearest scrapyard, thost cars suck. fooking pimpmobiles

F-body's dont suck, but they're just about as reliable as Win3.1. They are good for making ricers look stupid

I personaly thing older W bodys SUCK IN THE WINTER.......

I know my STE does and my friends old 89 GP does my other friends 92 lumina does and my old 91 olds did too........

they are awsome in the summer but I would rather drive a old rwd crown vic or caprice in the winter.......say 83-92 for both of them....the old squars.....you know...

What about the 1989 Turbo Trans Am with the Grand National motor? That V6 would give you a run for your money :P

It's still just a crappy F-body, looks like garbage to me. You've hit a soft spot with the GN though, that powertrain is awesome!! I have a friend with a GN, lost of mods, runs High 11's with no bottle. IMHO, one of the best engines ever made by GM, or anyone else for that matter. The Scy/Ty 4.3 turbo intercooled of the early 90's was equally as bad assed. 280 hp and able to run low 14's right outta the box.

Damn I love turbo's I gotta get one.(again)

If it were mexicanized, would it even run at all???

no va?

ummm... my 98 MC LS was amazing in the snow. i couldn't get it to skid if i tried. :lol: 3200lbs, FWD?? yep.

If it were mexicanized, would it even run at all???

no va?

ummm... my 98 MC LS was amazing in the snow. i couldn't get it to skid if i tried. :lol: 3200lbs, FWD?? yep.

like I said the older say pre94

ok you're person # 2 that just fucked up a cutlass that was about to be put in storage for the winter...why is everyone storing w-bodies anyway???

I'm not storing mine I'm just doing the entire interior custom. I cal it storing because I won't be able to drive it for about 4 mos.

I'm storing mine, but then i'm taking it out in probably late January early february to get the paintjob and hood done and then i'm puttin it back in storage so i dont have any more guardrails jumping out and biting me in the winter.....The only time i'm gonna drive my car anymore is when the weather is nice and i can get the 18's back on it.....

im required to drive mine during the winter, it goes into slides like none other, it just snowed yesterday, and i took it out this morning and was all over the road. 3300lbs FWD didnt save my lumina. im just lucky i didnt crash. anyone know how to make it handle better in the snow/ice?