I hope my 2.8 lives long enough for this engine swap

GnatGoSplat

5.3! Weird. I don't think a w body with a V8 over 5.0 liters would be too easy to drive... Power understeer from hell, probably. Although, the original FWD Olds Toronado had a 385 hp 454. Probably drove like a yacht.

I agree, those 5.3's (327) really move out well. My gf's parent's '03 Tahoe feels very healthy. Throttle response isn't near as immediate as my car, but when you get on it it sure flies! I can only imagine what it would do in a W! :D

wasn't there rumors about the Grand Prix going back to RWD?

I read some stibulation that the 2005 Monte Carlo's may be a V8 / RWD powertrain....

But, that's ONLY a rumor... I willing to bet it won't happen.

- Erik

wasn't there rumors about the Grand Prix going back to RWD?

I read some stibulation that the 2005 Monte Carlo's may be a V8 / RWD powertrain....

But, that's ONLY a rumor... I willing to bet it won't happen.

- Erik

I also heard that and heared it wanst really a MonteCarlo but an F-body like a camaoro? making a comeback with a supercharged v8 like the prix has a supercharged v6.. to rival the corvette

Well, first off, there is no way a 5.3 truck could beat a 4.6GT. No way. Not stock for stock.

Secondly, the 5.3 isn't a 333 or a 327, it's a 325.

And I dont' see why GM would convert the 5.3 truck motor for FWD sedan duty. I think they'd probably make a new V8 engine if they made a FWD prix with a V8. They should just make it RWD.

Secondly, the 5.3 isn't a 333 or a 327, it's a 325.

I have the March, 2004 issue of Motor Trend sitting on my lap right now. In an SUV camparo including the '04 Tahoe LT, it lists the Vortec 5300's cubic inch displacement as 327.0. I have seen the same spec in several different places as well.