Bridgestone!

sonyman87

Looking to replace the remaning 2 Duglas touring tires rated 80,000miles lol. I origonaly had a set of 4. got rid of 2 at 35k and im looking to replace the last 2 at 45k. (should have replaced about 5k ago). Im looking at 2 different tires now the Bridgestone PotenzaG009 priced at $72 each and the Bridgestone PotenzaRE950 $98 each. Tirerack rates there tires about 2 points higher in treadlife! and in tracktion and every aspect.

Does anyone have experience with either tire. The G009 has no rating yet so i have no idea how it performes..

any imput is welcome thanks guys

I have Potenza 950s on my car...theyre an excellent tire. Great in the rain, awesome when its dry. Pretty good at the track too, I was able to get consistant 2.2 60's with them. They do wear kinda fast but every performance tire does, and im sure my driving style doesnt help either.

i was looking at the 950s when i was gonna get wheels for my '94 before i sold it. my GTP has a new set of Goodyear Eagle RSAs. i love those tires more than i thought i could.

Just placed an order for 2 G009s..

The last 2 duglases are complete shit now. the dirver side has a gash in the sidewall, and is also missing a chunk of rubber where the sidewall meets the tread. It was a scary ride to st. louis today. light rain posed a difficult problem with tracktion 60mph would be my average speed and i was still hydroplaning in some areas. :(

shit shit shit!

i need these tires asap and i got a conformation that they were not shiped yet and that it was pending on avalibility "Hold".

maybe a recall? my front tires are dead and unsafe to drive on misssing chunks of rubber!

anyone know if there was a recall Bridgestone Potenze(sp?) G009's

• 1 year later...

Has anyone run the G009's at all? I am thinking about these tires but want to hear your thoughts first. Preferably about wet/dry traction and tread life. If not I will probably go with some Falkens.

I know this is OLD but it proves that I used the search! Ohh yea it probably has to be moved to "Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Wheels/Tires".

We had the older version of the 950 on the rally car for street driving... they sucked moist goat ass as far as I'm concerned...They were pretty fun to spin, lock up, and E-brake, but it wasn't NEARLY as hard as it should have been to do so...

Those are rated 400 A A and cost $101

Yokohama Avid H4S are 500 AA A, have a 60,000 mile treadwear warranty, and cost $67... I chose the H4S.

Mike

i have Bridgestone Turanza Touring/Mid performance tires and they've been nothing but great to me. They were rated better than the comparable Michellins at the time. I'd recommend any Bridgestone Tires after the positive experience I've had. I'll probably buy them again next time too...