I know I should know this off set tgp rims?

Jeorge

Im wondering what the off set of TGP rims are because

I was thinking of something like this for my car in an 18"

and in white or silver

shu-4_gunmetallic.jpg

they are 18 x 7.5 and a 42 mm back space

shu-4_white.jpg

shu-4_silver.jpg

Er, uh, offset. Offset and backspacing are two different things. One can be derived from the other with known factors, like wheel width. If you know the width and backspacing, you can figure out the offset, and like wise if you know backspacing and width (width-backspacing=offset, width-offset=backspacing) Offset determines how far out the wheel sits, backspacing determines how much of the wheel extends behind the knuckle. In most circumstances, offset is more favorable to know because it directley determines how far in or out the wheel sits. IE a 7 inch wide wheel (some GP wheels 7 or 7.5 inch) with 25mm offset will sit as far out as an 8" wide wheel with 25mm offset, but will have different backspacing.

Chris

Guest TurboSedan

yes, but noone refers to *backspacing* on a w-body wheel.....everyone refers to offset....so i assumed the offset figure was the measurement Jeorge was actually looking for. on the other hand, everyone in the '78-88 G-body crowd refers to backspacing instead of offset. my '81 Malibu has 7" Enkei crosslace wheels with a 3 & 13/16th" backspacing, and i have no idea of the offset (but could figure it out using wheel measurments), and my Olds has 25mm offset crosslace wheels, but i have no idea what the backspacing is off the top of my head.

joshua

yes, but noone refers to *backspacing* on a w-body wheel.....everyone refers to offset....so i assumed the offset figure was the measurement Jeorge was actually looking for

Exactly what I was saying! :cheers:

the stock is 25mm.. you should be able to run up to a 40mm offset.. 42mm offset might be pushing it with a 8" wide wheel.. my 17's are 8" wide with 235/40/17 rubber, 35mm offset and no problems i would recomend a 35mm offset if possible.

BTW: are thoes the "Tenzo R -Shu 4"?

RedZ

the stock is 25mm.. you should be able to run up to a 40mm offset.. 42mm offset might be pushing it with a 8" wide wheel.. my 17's are 8" wide with 235/40/17 rubber, 35mm offset and no problems i would recomend a 35mm offset if possible.

BTW: are thoes the "Tenzo R -Shu 4"?

RedZ

thanks for the Help and yes they are....

I want the 5 star 10 point set up like that I think that would look great infront of 13" crossed drilled disks and powder coated calipers with reflective chrome "STE TURBO" on them.....